TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration

Go down 
+4
Star Adder
Steelclaw
HorridWing
The Good Rebel
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration Empty
PostSubject: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm

G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration Gort2008

Hello, my name is G.O.R.T. Please no do not confuse me with my 1951 counterpart. While I starred in a mediocre movie, my performance was obviously snubbed at the Academy Awards. But anyway let's get the point.

Last time I was here, I arrived with Klaatu. We attempted to save the planet Earth from the human beings that inhabited iy. Now I am here to save the forum known as TF XTREME from the users that browse it.

TF XTREME has a lot of potential. We all know what happened to Transformers Legends. It's now run by the hilariously cringe-inducing Wolf Pac and his imaginary police officer gay buddy Solar who like to hack into old accounts and post pictures of a half naked Pac. Here on the other hand, we have a much prettier design and generally nicer members. Of course we have confrontations now and again, but they are fun at the same time. However this forum is now a cool hip place to hang out with friends from a browser game that was released in 2007, where we RPG and talk about movies/games.

As you can see, TF XTREME is simply like the imaginary Garden of Eden featured in the fairy tell known as Genesis. Eden was a beautiful place, where a man and woman walked around without undies and ate apples. Then one day, a talking snake popped p and convinced the stupid woman to eat an evil apple. In TFX, we have crappy administrators popping up and banning ignorant members without using any logic at all.

Now so far I've said some pretty controversial things in this thread. I've already insulted religion, women, and the administrators. And according to the strict administration here, well strict after Darkfather left, I should be banned. No warnings, I should be banned right now. And when I try to come back, screw second chances you should just ban me again. Oh and maybe the administrator can tell Autosaver to "shut the hell up" too like he's done before.

Hopefully some of the users might do something about this. Maybe Rapid Wolf and G.O.R.T could try, oh wait they both just get banned too. And maybe they can be humiliated by the 6 year old admin Autosaver while they're guests.

What I'm trying to say is, this is no longer Eden. This is Gotham. And Gotham is confused. It can't tell the Joker from someone who's trying to help. Gotham thinks every single person among us is a Scarecrow. It trusts no one. And if you threaten Gotham, Gotham will use its corrupt police force to permaban you FOR EVAR.

Well I am Harvey Dent. Rapid Wolf is Batman. And the other people who want to help are Batman's impersonators. We're trying to make a difference. We're trying to attack Gotham from the inside, so we can fix it. We're tired of the corrupt police force. We're tired of the Joker and helpful citizens being thrown in the same cell because Gotham is too paranoid to tell them apart.

And you know what we're most tired of? We're tired of being ignored. We're tired of being banned unfairly, of having an administrator telling one of it's users to shut the hell up just because they were trying to help someone out, of friends becoming foes because we can't trust anyone anymore, of being threatened that we'll be warned whenever we try to give in our two cents in a conversation, or anything the administration here has done since The Darkfather sadly left so long ago.

We're tired of it. And we're trying to change it. We all met on a silly browser based Transformers game, and only a few of us remain. And one of us, Hawk, tried to return. And you ban her without any reason other than you don't like here. Like Batmansheep, we have lost people we have known for YEARS. And you're banning them simply so you can continue on with whatever the hell it is you do.

I understand you have good intentions, I understand you're trying to stop this place from ending up like TF L. I understand that. But like Gotham, you're good intentions are being carried out by the corrupted police force. And sooner or later, the Joker won't have anything to do because Gotham will be destroying itself. You're not innocent TF X, every single one of us INCLUDING the members make up this forum. We make decisions together. Period. And that's how it is.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:38 am

Well GORT, you're entitled to your opinion, and thank you for sharing it, as you said you would. If i may, i'd like to point out a few things.

1. I can see you used me as an example here. While there's nothing wrong with that, I'd just like for all to know, that there was an apology made to Autosaver for such actions. Not everyone would see this, but im sure other admins can back me on this. It was uncalled for, and i have my reason, but that doesnt exclude the fact that it was rude.

2. Please dont expect perfection from us. We're trying very hard, and you (amongst others) going around chanting, "this forum sucks" and yet coming back everyday....really doesnt help. Topics like this...these are more helpful.

3. The administrators do there very best to only give out warnings for specified reasons within the rules created by Darkfather himself. We, however are imperfect and we do make mistakes. We apologize for such.

4. The whole Hawk thing....I'll let someone else go into that, because i really would rather not.

5. Maybe you're trying to help, and while i like James....no...he's not Batman...at all. He's more of a punisher in this case. He probably has intentions on doing the right thing, but the way he's going about it, only gets him into trouble. Maybe you should look through some of his post.

p.s can we speak in literal terms and not make comic book references as examples?? It'd help...
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:13 am

Lol. I actually prefer the comic book terms. And it almost makes sense (but Rapid isn't Batman lol).

He's right. Everything was good before and then suddenly it went to all hell. That's kind of the entire story of Gotham in itself. Thanks for the opinion GORT. I hope that I speak for the Administration when i say we'll do everything we can to ensure that this place gets better for members here.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:11 pm

lol, thats awesome
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks for calling me a six year old admin. :/
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 pm

STEELCLAW_6847 wrote:
I hope that I speak for the Administration when i say we'll do everything we can to ensure that this place gets better for members here.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Quote :
We're tired of it. And we're trying to change it. We all met on a silly
browser based Transformers game, and only a few of us remain. And one of
us, Hawk, tried to return. And you ban her without any reason other
than you don't like here. Like Batmansheep, we have lost people we have
known for YEARS. And you're banning them simply so you can continue on
with whatever the hell it is you do.

Actually, I agree with you on this one.

But the problem is that you are lacking some details that happened out of the forum. Ask Foxy, she is trying to explain why she doesn't want Hawk back in...

Edit: But I still disagree with Foxy! LOL
But it is "Majority votes" Apparently, I'm like one of the only staff that wants her back in.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:01 am

Thank you for your insights regarding the forum and administration of TFX, G.O.R.T.

I personally have been waiting, not anxiously, but patiently for your reply. And I have nothing much to say other than accepting the fact that due to my incompetence and somewhat arrogant behavior the forum has been brought down to this state.

My goal now is to better myself to make this forum as enjoyable as it used to be. How it should have been. Not the overly-strict and broken administration that I created since my ascension to Owner. No one else is to blame. I should be more responsible. Your words have been read.

Kudos to you.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 am

^Sucking up post.

-_-
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Plagued by the adolescent's obtuse-like conduct.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:04 am

Salutations everyone (just got back from out-of-town and a perfect weekend , hence the good spirits) G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration Icon_sunny

It's nice to read constructive criticism (FINALLY!) of how we run things here, from one of the members. A rather well-known personality at that, one who bore no admin or mod rank and yet is known in all the TF game forums.

Lemme add my two cents' worth on this matter (NAY, make it a dollar. I'm verbose.)

--------------------
As my presence is most of the time insignificant lately because of other offline priorities (among which writing has moved down a notch), I have surrendered my place from the admin position. I trust still and know that they are doing the best they can to let this forum stay intact and, in time, grow.

As with everything, there are growing pains, and as we all err, as human nature dictates, we learn... unless we're too chocked up with pride, then we need criticizing threads like these every now and then from another person to bring us back down to reality.

Criticisms that promote suggestions or alternatives (and sometimes reminders) and not only berate others for their lack.

Quote :
You're not innocent TFX, every single one of us INCLUDING the members make up this forum. We make decisions together. Period. And that's how it is.

True, true.

I think the main rant stems from certain actions leaving our other friends out in the dark, say having someone banned and then there was no public reason or thread as to justify the cause.

Another scenario might be an unanswered rant concerning protocol or a chronic form of mismanagement (fickle banning or personally targeted demerits) that is always generally ignored. This breeds resentment, naturally.

Imagine it like your girlfriend nagging you to stop wearing your favorite piano necktie and then ignoring her rant for weeks -- oftentimes one or the other leaves when they get fed up.

Threads like these help us all grow, perhaps even socially, as we deal with others even outside of TFX.

----------------------
For the Hawk issue:

Most of us know Hawk is a little loose on a cerebral aspect.

I got a screen of what Hawk has been dishing out at Foxy and it ain't nice.

But I think Hawk would pose the least of our problems here, knowing that she's always been like that since the game.

Let's just hope she grows up a little from day to day even while here at TFX.

We can learn a thing or two, even from the clinically insane.
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

Number of posts : 1612

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:43 am

While your response is noted and has many words of truth, we are imperfect on many levels. However, one thing that I cant understand is that you say we all make decisions together. I point this out because many of the rules that we have and enforced have been suggested and supported by you our members, yet when we enforce them, we are ogres in your eyes. :S

Aside from that, I can say that I have made mistakes as we all have. We are imperfect and must understand and accept that. So our goals as staff is to make the best decision that will be beneficial for the forum while keeping it safe. We may not get it right all of the time, but at least we are making an effort and topics like this help us more than threads of "the admin sucks".

As for Hawk, that is still be discussed so I will not comment until the staff have made a decision unanimously.
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Quote :
Hello, my name is G.O.R.T. Please no do not confuse me with my 1951
counterpart. While I starred in a mediocre movie, my performance was
obviously snubbed at the Academy Awards. But anyway let's get the point.

ok

*insert introduction here

Quote :
Hopefully some of the users might do something about this. Maybe Rapid
Wolf and G.O.R.T could try, oh wait they both just get banned too. And
maybe they can be humiliated by the 6 year old admin Autosaver while
they're guests.

Thanks for flaming Autosaver. I think he would like you.

*insert batman speech

Quote :
We're tired of being ignored. We're tired of being banned unfairly

I'm tired of whiners complaining about their banning when it is obvious to why they were banned.

I liked how you finally wrote this. Instead of spamming threads about the admin team. I think you know deep inside of yourself. You know that was wrong. But you finally stepped up.

Quote :
being threatened that we'll be warned whenever we try to give in our two
cents in a conversation, or anything the administration here has done
since The Darkfather sadly left so long ago.

What has the DarkFather done exactly? I've never really seen him take part in the administration of this forum. He did make code and stuff. But he never actually took part in most conversations in the staff forum.

Ok, maybe he did have the whole "users speech" but others said that too.
I finally noticed that the same very users(Staff) that said it was a majority vote from EVERYONE. They now do everything on their own.

Quote :
We're tired of it. And we're trying to change it. We all met on a silly
browser based Transformers game, and only a few of us remain. And one of
us, Hawk, tried to return. And you ban her without any reason other
than you don't like here. Like Batmansheep, we have lost people we have
known for YEARS. And you're banning them simply so you can continue on
with whatever the hell it is you do.

It was due to the fact that 2-3 staff members thought it was a cool idea to ban Hawk. IDK...

I agree with you with many parts here and there. (Mostly about the forum)

Expect my rant soon.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Autosaver wrote:
Quote :

What has the DarkFather done exactly? I've never really seen him take part in the administration of this forum. He did make code and stuff. But he never actually took part in most conversations in the staff forum.

I finally noticed that the same very users(Staff) that said it was a majority vote from EVERYONE. They now do everything on their own.

I presume you ARE aware that I'm no longer part of the admin team.

When I was active, your participation then was pretty much insignificant save for some Aerial-ish ranting and Sonic threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:56 pm

^ I lol'ed.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Elsthis Dei wrote:
Autosaver wrote:
Quote :

I presume you ARE aware that I'm no longer part of the admin team.

When I was active, your participation then was pretty much insignificant save for some Aerial-ish ranting and Sonic threads.

I am aware. And no, my participation was actually pretty good. :p
Remember the whole "OMG AUTOSAVER USES HIS POWERS TOO MUCH"

I know you put in a lot of effort into things, but a lot of it. No one used. No one knew how to use the dice thing and I am pretty sure it got removed later on.

You also stressed the whole "together" thing. But, no one listened to you after you left. Everyone started to do everything on their own. I started stressing the together thing, but then I got yelled at for doing it in the wrong place.

Now, we have certain staff members doing whatever they want.

• The staff are far to lenient on things. Not only do they try to
    enforce rules, but they break them themselves, and in several instances
    where people are supposed to get in trouble, they don't do anything.
  • They tend to do the wrong things at the wrong time. They lock topics at the
    wrong time (without explanation, without telling why they did it, and
    when there's nothing wrong in the thread in the first place).
  • They tend to overreact to things
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Actually he did participate very much. The way this forum looks now, is very different from when me n foxy first created it. That's all him. Certain subforums...him. The censor put in place...him, backed by Lunar.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Horrid, you were one of the people who argued about the censor.

The censor was a piece of crap and used 5 year old words with it. Not sure if Lunar made the 5 year old words part of it.

Guess you are right, but a lot of the sub forums were unused. Due to them being unused. It made the forum very messy and unorganized. I talked with several people and fixed the forums up.

What I meant is what he took part in moderating the forum. :p
No one wanted to do it, and when someone did. They got scolded. (Several members including me)

This resulted in no one wanting to do it and 1 or 2 members risking their reputation.
This forum was quite messed up at times.

And no, I don't want this to turn into a DarkFather argument. :p
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Autosaver wrote:

I am aware. And no, my participation was actually pretty good. :p
Remember the whole "OMG AUTOSAVER USES HIS POWERS TOO MUCH"

Let me correct myself then:

Elsthis Dei wrote:
When I was active, your participation then was pretty much insignificant save for some Aerial-ish ranting and Sonic threads and mod tripping.

The fact that an entire thread about "OMG AUTOSAVER USES HIS POWERS TOO MUCH" occured means that there are active staff and members who can also observe directly when something an abuse is transpiring.

Autosaver wrote:
I know you put in a lot of effort into things, but a lot of it. No one used. No one knew how to use the dice thing and I am pretty sure it got removed later on.

That's why it was called 'experimenting' to see how it would fit with members. Different forums have different levels of interest, and TFX obviously is not catered to statistic-oriented RPGs. I have yet to thank the admins for taking care of the inactive sections, since it messes up the board when it's not in use.

As for the "no one used" part, a lot of them used actually except you. Who can't stand numbers. That's why only the free-form RPG section is the only one left standing, because it catered to most of our members who love to write.

Autosaver wrote:
You also stressed the whole "together" thing. But, no one listened to you after you left. Everyone started to do everything on their own. I started stressing the together thing, but then I got yelled at for doing it in the wrong place.

No one actually listens in forums because they read. No audio. Except for the occasional video threads where people embed from Youtube... and no one actually "Yells."

For your problem, it's because of a lack of a certain value called "Tact" or perhaps, "Prudence." You can't actually gain friends by scolding them. Especially if all of them are older than you are.

Autosaver wrote:

Now, we have certain staff members doing whatever they want.

• The staff are far to lenient on things. Not only do they try to
    enforce rules, but they break them themselves, and in several instances
    where people are supposed to get in trouble, they don't do anything.
  • They tend to do the wrong things at the wrong time. They lock topics at the
    wrong time (without explanation, without telling why they did it, and
    when there's nothing wrong in the thread in the first place).
  • They tend to overreact to things

Amazing, you described yourself perfectly. Feels real great to let it out, huh. G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration Icon_flower

Like crying naked in your own bathtub without the floating candles.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:07 pm

@Auto:

Before you get all sobby and stuff, your modding was okay.

My suggestion, probably, is perhaps not to target particular members all the time. Because they get that impression especially if you start imposing yourself on them needlessly.

GORT, X-Autobot, Hawk, the TFL guys, and even Bats are known for expressing themselves freely.

This is partly because they come from different locales with different modalities.

Ex: X is Irish, I'm Asian and Lunar is Hispanic.

We all deal with things differently than what you would expect in your own suburb or school or community or wherever you hang out.

I'm not going to expect you to just deal with it as it is; rather, I'd rather let you develop a sense of empathy on your own. To avoid threads that target you in a rant in the future, and to help you build lasting relationships.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:04 pm

No no no! Not that RPG Darkfather! The dice one! That one was really confused.

Quote :
Amazing, you described yourself perfectly. Feels
real great to let it out, huh.

I described myself?

Not only do I lock threads with a full explanation, they usually never get unlocked.

I am too lenient? I thought I was the one that was too strict? Ever ask GORT.

I overreact? Only when I'm having diarrhea.

IDK, IIRC. Bats was banned for his sig. He was continually ignoring you, Horrid, Lunar, and Foxy.

X-Autobot got banned/close to getting banned for flaming everyone in his threads. Kyle and Horrid couldn't take it anymore and whipped them with the ban whip.

Hawk likes to pretend to suicide, we banned her. We aren't "OMG IM SAD I GONNA KILL MYSELF" forums.

Quote :
The fact that an entire thread about "OMG
AUTOSAVER USES HIS POWERS TOO MUCH" occured means that there are active
staff and members who can also observe directly when something an abuse
is transpiring

Oh no, Autosaver deleted a post that was flaming Horrid!
He was obviously abusing his powers! Right guys!

YEAH
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 pm

If you both would like to continue this debate, please take it PMs.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 pm

PW Magnimus Prime wrote:
If you both would like to continue this debate, please take it PMs.

What?

This isn't a debate between us. This is a debate about GORT's opinion.
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

On the contrary, you and DF are taking stabs at each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration   G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G.O.R.T's opinion on TFX's administration
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next