TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker Empty
PostSubject: Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker   Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:02 am

A man wakes up in an apartment as an alarm rings. The alarm read 5:30 AM. The man taps a button on the still ringing alarm and shuts it off. He yawns as he stretches and pulls off the sheets he had used for warmth. He then sits up in bed and stares at his apartment room. A rather gloomy room. Cracks in the ceiling, dents in the walls, and the floorboard creaks loudly upon being stepped on. Cans of Soda, wrappers from old products, and old boxes of pizza can be seen on the floor. The entire apartment was a pigsty. The only part that made it somewhat livable is the man living in it and the sun’s ray gleaming through a window.

For a few minutes the man stares into nothingness as he begins to lose his focus. Bag were present under his eyes, his yawned constantly, and he could not keep his eyes open for more than three seconds. The night before, he had gone on a date with a woman he had met about a year ago. His date lasted for nearly the entire night and the man came home late, thus explains his lack of sleep. He shook his head and got up, slouching as he made his way to the bathroom, the floor under his feet creaking with every step.

In the bathroom, the man did his business. When he was done, he stared at himself in the mirror and found his normally straight hair a mess. He sighed as he turned on the faucet and looked down for a moment before bringing his attention to his reflection. “Good morning, Vincent, and happy birthday. Today is going to be a good day”, he said to himself. He then put his hands together and dipped it in the warm water and splashed it in his face. Not enjoying the look of his hair, Vincent once again dipped his hands into the water and spread some water through his hair and styled it in his normal hairstyle; the spike look.

Vincent, a man who has no memories of his past because of the regulations the Sovereignty of Utopia (S.U.) instilled into every country they controlled. He just so happens to live in one of them. Russia to be exact. The regulations ask that every S.U. controlled country wipe the minds of every new or old citizen that enters or reside in it. Vincent works as a baker and does not make much money. The economy in his district were less than trivial. In fact, in his district, which bears no name, it is considered the poorest district in the city of Old Moscow. Why the name you wonder? Well, the new city, New Moscow, was created a few blocks away from Old Moscow. Many people live there, often because they are rich or are part of the S.U. military. Vincent does not make much money and so he tries to make ends meet in his harsh conditions.

After having some breakfast and looking at his schedule, Vincent dressed up. His attire consists of khaki pants, black shoes, a white shirt, and an apron. He also wears glasses due to his blurry vision. When he was done, Vincent walked downstairs and smiled a bit. “Time to open up shop”, he said to himself. “I wouldn’t want to disappoint the children.”

When he reached the end of the stairs he opened a door to his right, flipped two switches as the lights flickered to life…barely. He then walked made his way in the kitchen where he began to do his job. After some time, he walked up to the front of the shop and looked through the glass. The sun was beginning to come up and he smiled at the sight. His favorite part of the day had begun.

Two hours had passed and Vincent began to open up shop. A large sign at the top of the bakery read, “Klonvinski Bakery.” People were beginning to walk around the streets of Klonvinski St. and he waited for someone at the desk. A young man came in and smiled as he came in. “Good morning Mr. Vincent.”, he said. “Good morning to you too, Alexei. You’re ready for your first day on the job?”, replied Vincent. “Oh yes! Thank you for accepting me Mr. Vincent.”, said Alexei. “Not a problem. Now, as your first day on the job, I will ask you to sweep the floors, wipe the windows, take out the trash, and wash the dishes. Understood?”, responded Vincent. “Yes Mr. Vincent.”, exclaimed Alexei. “Good. I will walk outside for a moment and take a moment to get some fresh air.”, said Vincent.

Vincent stepped outside of the hops and breathed in deeply. He enjoyed taking in as much breath as he could. As difficult as his life is, he enjoys the life that he lives. The young man inside of his shop is named Alexei. He came to Vincent a week earlier and applied for a job in Vincent’s bakery. Obviously, he got the job. Vincent felt a tug on his pants and looked down. There before him stood a pug named Anasta. Vincent crouched down and pet the dog. “Good morning, Anasta! I see that you’re hungry. What shall it be today? The usual? Give me a moment.”

Vincent walked into his shop and came back out with some left over baked goods that he held in his apron. He then set them down gently and watched as the dog began to eat. Vincent smiled and looked up as his favorite customers walked down the street and waved to him. "Look Anasta, the children have come."
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker   Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:59 pm

nice..any idea when chapter two is out?
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker   Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker   Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 1: The Baker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Stories-
Jump to: