TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up Empty
PostSubject: Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up   Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:34 pm

It was early in the morning and no one but the secret police were walking around the cobble streets. They wore heavy clothing to shield themselves from the freezing winds. This morning’s was especially cold. Two police officers leaned against a patrol car as the lights were beaming toward a darker side of the town. They both held mugs that contained fresh hot coffee. However even with their heavy clothing and hot beverage, one laments about their current predicament.

“Oh, what would I do to just stay home and rest. The department sure loves making us do the grunt work, eh, Bornakov?” said one of the men. “That is how it has always been, Sergei. Whether we like it or not, we’re screwed either way. I just feel a bit of pity for the souls that dwell in this excuse of a town”, said Bornakov. “Oi, oi! This town was the motherland’s former capital. It should be treated with the outmost respect, despite the fact that these people have taken refuge in what was supposed to be nothing but rubble. I may not be the right person to say this but, despite all of the hardships that this town has gone through, it is still a home to those that need it”, protested Sergei. Bornakov sighed and patted his friend on the back. “Aah, Sergei, spoken like a true son of the motherland. I guess that is why father always thought you’d be best qualified for the military”, said Bornakov. “The military is not for everyone. It certainly wasn’t for me. I doubt that either of us was ready to make such a big step”, replied Sergei.

The brothers said nothing more. They merely took small sips from their coffee and occasionally looked around the corners of the street for any curfew breakers. “Jeez, I can’t wait to get back to New Moscow”, said Bornakov. Sergei merely let out a low grunting sound as he was drinking his coffee. Suddenly, the scanner within their car came to life as a fellow officer began to report about a man laying in the middle of the street, apparently in a coma. “Roger that, we are on our way”, said Sergei.

On their way to the location the brothers began to converse with one another about the situation. “I don’t like this”, said Bornakov. “Neither do I. A man laying in the middle of the road in a coma? Strangest report I have heard. Unless he was mugged” replied Sergei. “Eh…anyway, how is the niece?” asked Bornakov. “She is doing better. The doctor has told me that her condition has improved. At least she’s alive. Thank goodness.”

The scanner once again came to life as a voice began to desperately call for backup. “A-any nearby units, please…please come quickly! We need back-up!” said the officer on the scanner. The brothers looked at one another as Sergei quickly grabbed the walkie talkie. “This is Officer Sergei Popov, where are you located, over??” asked Sergei. The two said nothing as the radio went dead. They then heard gunshots in the distance.

"That sounded close. A block from where we are!" exclaimed Bornakov. "I hope we're not too late.", said Sergei with a groan.
Back to top Go down

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up   Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Yet another interesting chapter Lunar, you really are putting a push in this story. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down

Loss of Equilibrium Chapter 10: Back-up
Page 1 of 1