TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!! Empty
PostSubject: Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!   Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

The following quotes have been copy and pasted from a New Zealand news website - Dated two days ago.
Quote :

Photographs of Corporal Apiata, a member of New Zealand's elite Special Air Service unit, and another SAS soldier were published by several New Zealand media outlets yesterday and today after being taken by French freelance photographer Philip Poupin.

He told The Dominion Post he saw the elite Kiwi soldiers emerge from a building where the insurgents' bodies were later found, after the Taliban attack on Afghanistan's Presidential Palace on Monday.

The publication of the photographs broke what the Defence Force called a "robust gentleman's agreement" it had with the media not to reveal SAS soldiers on active deployment overseas because it could put them in danger.

Poupin said he saw a "tired and sweaty" Cpl Apiata emerge from the building where the bodies of the three insurgents were found.

"They were really close to the insurgents ... they were there to fight," Poupin told the newspaper.

He said when the battle subsided he went inside the building and saw the three bodies.

"I can't tell you if [the New Zealanders] were directly fighting with the insurgents ... but I could say they were right there," he told the newspaper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so we have established one thing here, the French are idiots. It is well known throughout the global media which particular military groups are to remain secretive, the New Zealand SAS is one of these groups. The only reason you know my name is because I haven't been active in Afghanistan for three years.

Quote :
The New Zealand Herald said today the journalist who broke the story of the SAS joining the counterattack against a Taliban strike was surprised at the reaction in New Zealand.

"Suprised at the reaction". How did he think that the New Zealand Defence Force was going to react to him flashing the faces of covert soldiers all over the internet and news agencies? I have four friends fighting over there at the moment, one of them keeps in contact and told me that the SAS now have to wear balaclavas and full body gear whenever they are out in the field. I have had to do that twice in that sh*thole and I can tell you it was not good. Forty degrees Calcius everyday, clothing covering every part of your body, 50kg's of gear on your back and as much ammunition as you can carry.

NOTE: This is the picture that made the news, I found it on Google with the faces not blacked out so I blacked them out myself.
Spoiler:

This image was plastered all over the internet, it made its way into the New York Times, the New Zealand Herald and now it's all over the news. The faces of those two soldiers were not blurred out and that causes a major security risk. Come on America, step up and show some intelligence. You guys wanted our SAS to return to Afghanistan and when we do you guys break a rule that was made between the two countries years ago. Putting that picture in the New York Times was just stupid considering the fact that there are a lot of Terrorist Cells in that city who could arrange an attack.

The stupidity of some people just gets me so riled up.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!   Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm

tl;dr
Summary please. :(
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!   Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Autosaver wrote:
tl;dr
Summary please. :(

Don't reveal the identities of your allied country's Spec-Ops personnel.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!   Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 pm

well ill tell you what one of my friends from school is joining the navy seals after he graduates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!   Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Secrecy - Rant number 2!!
Page 1 of 1