TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Thought I'd Ask

Go down 
+9
Star Adder
Izanami
Autosaver
Steelclaw
HorridWing
Havoc Legacy
Lunar Retturns 2
2Galvatron
Homey
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Lool, for once lets the ramdomness begin!!! =DDDDD
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Advertising time...

-----> http://soundcloud.com/player-won/until-i-die <-----
Back to top Go down
Havoc Legacy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Havoc Legacy

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:05 am

believe me the randomness began a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Oh man.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Ban. Randomness.
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Let me help you.

Ladies and Gentlemen, now it's time for

BUST OUT THE BAN HAMMER!

With none other than your host, the lone lobo himself, Lunar!

Temptation. my bad
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:54 am

Arg.
Back to top Go down
Havoc Legacy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Havoc Legacy

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 am

Ah, sweet randomness.
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:14 pm

2Galv/AK wrote:
To your first question I have no clue about that.

To your second question I know quite a bit about that topic (considering I was part of both clans) but that would take quite a bit of time to explain but not to worry the bad blood between Optimus and the leader of the defenders aka Rodimus has been rectified and their basically best friends now, any other questions you have on that topic I'll gladly answer what I can, until then this is 2Galvatron signing off.

MmmmHmmm.

Can somebody give me the short version of the story?
Very Happy

Seriously though, I will stop at nothing until I get What I seek.

Fo sho, Havoc.
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 am

dbl p0st

*ignored mercilessly

Are you hiding something? Suspect
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 am

Nah we just stopped caring....
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 am

Awww...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:45 am

Won wrote:
I miss Darkfather... He always had great ideas....

Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 Memes-11

Sarcasm and warm, fuzzy feelings aside, we should indeed address this situation objectively to get things done.

Problem: If we are to remain stagnant about this situation, time and overall loss of interest will be this forum's death knell. This is an observable fact as most of us are aware.

Subjective observations:
1. This forum was created primarily because the Official BFTA forum has been shut down. Secondarily, we hated Aerialbot's TF Supreme at one point and decided to make our own forum when things started to turn too dictatorial and chauvinistic for the most of the members' taste. I believe The TFL was created under the same premise.
2. This forum was most active when the game was still accessible.
3. The children we know are now teenagers who have developed different interests and are partaking in different endeavors.
4. The teenagers we know are now adults and are most likely in College or are exploring the harsh realities that real life has in store.
5. Most of the adults that we know have moved on to more pressing personal real-life priorities. Some still find time to visit and contribute, though, but they are few.
6. This forum is passively 'losing' members. They're still here by name, but they're not actually active.
7. Activity, at the most, can be considered sporadic.

Objective observations:
1. Less than 15 people log in every week.
2. Less people from that 15 actually post in threads.
3. Roughly only three to four subforums are considered truly active in the recent months, most of which are not actually related to Transformers BFTA or even Transformers at all save for the sporadic posts in the faction threads which are few and far between.

Disposition:
1. Unless we have a website or a site niche that caters to a specific niche, then it would be a real challenge to get this forum going on a long-term basis.

We should ask ourselves: What are we interested/knowledgeable in?

If we're not savvy and/or passionate about our forum's theme or topic, then it's not going to go anywhere. It's pretty much like starting a bakery when your passion in life is cross-stitching.

2. Given that this forum was created for players of a Transformers browser game (that is no longer accessible to virtually anybody), I reckon it is high time that we evolve into a different point of interest if we are to maintain this forum.

It could be a different game or a topic that we all can agree on (that is, anything that is not related to Transformers).

If this is not possible and that it would defeat the purpose of creating a Transformers forum in the first place, then I reckon that our topics should encompass not only the Transformers BFTA game, but the overall Transformers franchise in general without deliberately mimicking the other Transformers forums that are out in the open.

Another thing: Perhaps, a sub-forum rearrangement is also in order.

The factions are dead. We have to face that reality. The virtual war we waged against one another has been done and dealt with years ago. What we have are only memoirs of what had transpired back then. We are lucky to have still retained some of those, actually.

-------------
To attract more members (new ones, actually), we need to ultimately 'clean up' the appearance and re-invent the overall theme of our forum. To increase the chance of attracting more members, we need to be situated in an area or field of interest that is sustainable and can generate interest and ideas in its forum members on its own.

It we get to pull it off, we would benefit from the phenomenon called 'leverage.' It's just like having ourselves contribute whatever ideas that we can put in to 'improve' this forum, but having some other people do it for you instead since the forum has given life to itself.

In effect, we use the momentum of the situation to get us to where we want to go. This process is going to be hell, actually, but it will take active measures to get this idea started for it to run on its own.
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:10 pm

I saw your point.

Seriously, though. I agree.

Like I said in my other thread, I was hoping we could last until Universe is released, but then again, even if we did last that long, what happens if it ends up being something only some of us can do. Then we're back to square one, with no uniting force and a deteriorating forum.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:21 am

Why not try using Facebook to spread the word once things start changing?

Some ideas may help and so will momentum.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:12 pm

I suggested deleting a lot of the sections like a year ago, but no one felt like doing anything. I even asked a couple admins here if they could give me power so I could do it for them, never got a reply back.

IIRC, one thing that kept this forum alive was the RPG section. I never got into it, but I know quite a few of you did.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:45 am

Well, then, I guess we still do not.
Back to top Go down
all con
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1252
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 pm

wow was just digging from old topics found this one this is what i was talking about !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

That's why I don't think deleting old topics would be good, those are priceless moments we spent here so we could create a museum section and re-locate all those old topics.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm

yeah v.v nfs world is a bust because all it is now is hackers with koenigsegg ccx on roids
Back to top Go down
all con
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

what?
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:06 pm

I think he talking about all of the hackers on Need For Speed World.

And steroids ;]
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Transformers Universe later this year, hang in there guys
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:31 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I forgot all about that.

Wait, the steroids too?
Back to top Go down
all con
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 am

G.O.R.T wrote:
there a game called that ???
Back to top Go down
Homey
Silver Member
Silver Member
Homey

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

all con wrote:
G.O.R.T wrote:
there a game called that ???

Sometime this year, yes there is. I'm surprised you don't already know about it, unless you haven't looked through some of the more recent threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Thought I'd Ask   Just Thought I'd Ask - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Thought I'd Ask
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next