TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys

Go down 
+3
Havoc Legacy
X
Lunar Retturns 2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:36 am

Quote :
— Sony reported Friday morning that its PlayStation Network is down. Some suspect hacktivist organization Anonymous is responsible.

Sony was targeted by Anonymous after it filed a lawsuit against George Hotz, a 21-year-old hacker who unlocked the PlayStation 3′s operating system. In Sony’s original blog post about Friday’s outage, the company mentioned that an “outside party” might be responsible. That post has since been changed.

A recent post on the Anonymous’s Facebook Page seems to take credit for the outage.

“Take a break from online gaming for a while…..it will help your skills, your health, and your emotional levels, which by the way are a bit out of order if they are being shackled by the PSN being down,” it says. “We have no qualms about our actions, even though it may affect fellow anonymous or supporters… we hope they understand the bigger picture.”

However, the organization denies involvement on its website, posting an announcement with the headline, “For Once We Didn’t Do It.”

“While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves, AnonOps was not related to this incident,” it says.

The PlayStation outage affects 70 million registered PlayStation 3 and PSP users who use the cloud-based network to access downloadable games, movies and other media. It also connects players for multi-player games like Call of Duty. In a blog post, Sony said that it might be a full day or two before service is restored.

Source: http://mashable.com/2011/04/22/psn-down/

This is one of those days that I'm glad I don't have a PS3. If I just came back and came to this you know I'm going to be the first one to complain. Even if this is an official FU to SONY don't attack the consumers as well. Some of us need stress relievers. Whoever did this is not going to be well liked. Some might approve of what they're doing but they're going the wrong way with their methods. Anyway, I wouldn't have been as upset as I stated earlier but it sure would have been annoying.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:35 am

It is annoying and it goes down the day after I paid my DC universe subscription
Back to top Go down
Havoc Legacy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Havoc Legacy

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 8:36 am

Yeah, I mean some people got nothing else better to do than hack a network. I mean seriously they say we people who play online have no lives???? What about people who spend most of their time trying to hack a network....????

I guess they will have time to think about it in jail...getting social with some guy named Bubba.
Back to top Go down
Star scream 3000
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Star scream 3000

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 am

I vote we publicly execute these hackers. evil transform
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Well they did find and arrest five people they say were responsible in the UK but you're talking about a global group that could be anyone.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Wow!!!... O_O
Back to top Go down
Havoc Legacy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Havoc Legacy

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:53 pm

One word for these people.....Fucktards.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Ok ppl, I read about that the PSN is going to be back tomorrow...so let's hope it's true! Very Happy

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/playstation-network-may-be-back-online-as-soon-as-tomorrow-2011055/
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:09 am

doubt it, the ps3 website would say so if it was
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:10 am

Hmmmm....true....
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:12 pm

bill gates may be behind this whole operation?
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Possibly. We can't rule our ridiculously rich men such as him.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Lunar Retturns 2 wrote:
Possibly. We can't rule our ridiculously rich men such as him.
besides the fact that he is the competition to sony so lol
Back to top Go down
ForwardUntoFate
ForwardUntoFate

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:04 am

You have to give Anon credit though, what they did was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:24 am

They didnt bring the servers down sony brought them down because Anon put some kind of virus in the next update thats not cool
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:55 am

Oh i gotcha
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:38 am

It was breach of security over the amount of accounts taken. Millions of credit cards were stolen and possibly sold to other hackers or anyone interested in taking as much cash as possible and many, many people will have to file for fraud and get an entirely new card. So no, it is not AWESOME to say the least. In any shape or form.

Now are our base are belong to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys   Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation Network (PSN) is down so don't get distressed guys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Video game discussions-
Jump to: