TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Question to you all.

Go down 
+2
2Galvatron
Izanami
6 posters
AuthorMessage

A Question to you all. Empty
PostSubject: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 am

Here is a question to you all. I have asked Lunar this recently about me developing a character for an RPS. This character would be a Villain but I am not sure if I could play the role of a one cause I never did so.

However, I do remember you all hating me from my Wolf Pac/4 Horsemen days. With this said, was I a villain in your eyes?
Question
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Nope!
Back to top Go down
2Galvatron
Gold Member
Gold Member
2Galvatron

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 pm

What exactly is your definition of villain?
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

2Galv/AK wrote:
What exactly is your definition of villain?

I second that question. As far as I was concerned, the Prime Warriors and the Horsemen had a Non-Aggression Pact with each other since we had a member in common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:13 am

A villain is defined as...

# a person guilty of or likely to commit great crimes; evil or wicked person; scoundrel
# a wicked or unprincipled character in a novel, play, etc. who opposes the protagonist or hero
# someone or something regarded as the cause of a problem, difficulty, injustice, etc.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:57 pm

If you're any kind of villain, its only the 3rd definition. Not all villains have to be absolutely evil. Some villains aren't evil at all. Many villains are just very misunderstood. That sounds more like you.

Types of Villains (according to me)

1. EVIL to the Core - This is the typical villain, who just wants to create mass destruction, due to some form of hatred towards earth or whatever. (The corny villain -_-)

2. Misunderstood - This Villain normally has a much more interesting backstory. They normally believe that what they're doing will better the planet. Weird example, but, Archie from Team Aqua on Pokemon. He wanted to expand the ocean, so that more water pokemon could live! He had a reason for doing what he was doing, but when he began to acheive his purpose, he finally realized that this would hurt everyone else around him as well... These villains normally tend to grab the attention of the viewers/readers and are more than often more loved than the hero.

3. Driven to Insanity - The title is self explainatory. Due to some sort of accident, or situation in life, this villain is normally driven to a violent kind of, insanity. Sometimes this is done on purpose, thru torture. A prime example of driven to insanity is Kletus Cassidy...aka...Carnage. As a child, he was very troubled, in a very strange household. He wound up, pushing his grandmother down a flight of steps, and torturing his dog. Later, his own mother tried to kill him. However, his father saved him, beating his mother to death. Kassidy never helped his father in trial. He then grew up to become a serial killer, basically, and later recieves the symbiote creating...Carnage. Thus, he becomes an even harder to stop, mass murderer. These villains, are more liked by the gore loving crowd. Or, the crowd that loves a villain that shows no mercy, whatsover. Many of Batman's villains, are like this.

4. Honorable Fighter - This is the villain, that just loves to fight. Mandalorians were this kind of villain Very Happy. One that you'd probably be familiar with is Scourge. Scourge was not truly a villain, persay. He just loved the honor of battle. ...Self explainatory.

5. The Unknown - This is the villain with no back-story, no origin, no name, no understandable reasons. Nobody knows a damn thing about this villain, and yet, they turn out to be some of the most amazing villains of all time... The Joker, is like this. While the Joker does count as insane, nobody can truly say that he is, because nobody knows a damn thing about him. He just popped out of nowhere, without a name, or background. He says so himself, that he doesn't even remember his past.

So... those are your main villains Smile. Hope that helps, somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Woah, that's what I call a good explanation!....O_O

Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

I love villains...
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Hmmm...I wonder why....XD
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Because they made the story more interesting. In some way they represent the flaws of the main hero or at least reveal them. Sometimes the villain is not even a living, breathing, being.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:35 pm

True and not just that, in some way, we're the good guys but in a fictional character we let out our inner villain. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:36 pm

To answer your question, Havoc, yes you have the potential to become a villain.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:52 pm

even though the potential is there, doesnt mean it will happen, i never saw him as a villain at all
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:56 pm

There's always a first for everything. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:08 pm

HorridWing wrote:
If you're any kind of villain, its only the 3rd definition. Not all villains have to be absolutely evil. Some villains aren't evil at all. Many villains are just very misunderstood. That sounds more like you.

1. EVIL to the Core - This is the typical villain, who just wants to create mass destruction, due to some form of hatred towards earth or whatever. (The corny villain -_-)

I don't mean to double post but that is soooooo untrue even if it is accpording to you. They can be epic. >:[
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:55 am

I am going to show you all in a RPS what type of Villain I can be.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Lunar Retturns 2 wrote:
HorridWing wrote:

I don't mean to double post but that is soooooo untrue even if it is accpording to you. They can be epic. >:[

there are always exceptions
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Unacceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

I am the exception to every rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Example of "Corny Villains" although these guys cracked me up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Question to you all.   A Question to you all. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Question to you all.
Page 1 of 1