TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What movies have touched you?

Go down 
+5
X
The Good Rebel
Steelclaw
Lunar Retturns 2
HorridWing
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What movies have touched you? Empty
PostSubject: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:01 pm

So here are mine..

Tears of the Sun - The last few scenes of that movie were both emotional and thrilling.

Black Hawk Down - Based on actual events so it was quite moving.

Kingdom of Heaven - A Knight who refused to do any evil and fought for his people.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 pm

The curious case of Benjamin Button

......thats about it. The fact that i saw it with 6 girls is probably what made it have so much of an effect.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Shindler's List - A man who saves the lives of thousands of Jewish men and women in Nazi-occupied Poland during World War II. The Liquidation scene shows just how barbaric and viscious men could be.

We Were Soldiers - The struggles of platoon fighting during the Vietnam conflict. Powerful and brilliant performance from Mel Gibson.

Final Battle

One of the best speeches

Saving Private Ryan - For the life of one man, a team of American soldiers risk their lives to bring one man home. The best movie I have ever seen, in my opinion.

First Part

Second Part

Jame's Cameron's Avatar - A stunning performance from the cast and an even more impressive display of special effects unlike any other.

Letters from Iwo Jima - From the viewpoint of the Americans during 1940, the Japanese were war-mongers and evil. But the Japanese were more human than expected. They had families and friends that they wanted to go home to. They did not want to go to war just as much as the Americans did. they, however, refused to surrender. Rather than be taken prisoner, they would instead commit suicide in what was known as "honorable suicide."

Honorable Suicide Scene

That's about what I can think of on the top of my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 pm

We Were Soldiers and Saving Private Ryan are awesome movies.
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 am

Lean on Me (I think that's the name):

It's basically the story of a high school principal trying to change a school so that it can succeed.

Inglorious Bastards: The begining scene where a french dairy farmer is forced to reveal locations of jews he is hiding only to have to see them be shot through the floorboards.

Sherlock Homes: After the apparent loss of Watson in an explosion I almost yelled at the projectionist because they can't kill off watson.

Transformers The Movie (1980s version): First time seeing prime die, seriously was pissed and really sad.

Transformers: RotF: The point where Optimus died I literally yelled "Holy ****! Not Again." My friends were very confused at that point.

And that's all I got for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:29 am

Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:40 am

LOL @ Steelclaw's list. Sherlock Holmes? Revenge of the Fallen? Are you for real?

2001: A Space Odyssey - Hal's End

The Two Towers - Sam's speech

Titanic - Ending

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 am

The Two Towers was awesome, probably my favourite of all three LOTR movies.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 am

titanic?? ...that was built in Ireland....just saying..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 am

Explains allot.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 am

Hey its not our fault it blew up the aliens did that!
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:34 pm

^ wtf are you talking about!?

I could've stated Titanic...it was a touching movie...but i was always poking fun at diff people in that movie, so it took away all "sad" emotions from the movie.

A Knights Tale - tale of a young commoner, who "changed his stars" and becomes a knight. The final scene with him jousting without armor, always hits me, "right there". It's my fav movie of all time.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 pm

i liked that film though it didnt touch me and there wasnt enough aliens blowing stuff up and covering it up with icebergs
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:25 pm

The whole LoTR series

Gettysburg-The story of several generals who fought in this famous battle and the moral/personal struggles that they faced during the war.

To Kill A Mockingbird-The story of one man's fight in court for equality in a segregated United States.

Im sure that there are other movies that Im leaving out.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Titanic and this movie I don't remember the name but the plot is from a teen with cancer and her little sister tried to help her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Was Cameron Diaz in it?
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:36 pm

My Sisters Keeper?
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah that's the one!!!

Thanks Kyle, couldn't remember the name. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:02 pm

kyle wins woooooooooooo What movies have touched you? 27295
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:08 pm

G.O.R.T wrote:
LOL @ Steelclaw's list. Sherlock Holmes? Revenge of the Fallen? Are you for real?

Unless you can't tell by now. I was raised with transformers and saw the first animated movie when I was younger. I'm sure that there is some psychological term for it. But as a kid I looked up to Prime and it implanted something in my brain that made me sad when he died in RotF no matter how bad of a movie it was. Same basic story with Sherlock Holmes. I grew up reading the tales of him and Watson.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Quote :
I was raised with transformers and saw the
first animated movie when I was younger. I'm sure that there is some
psychological term for it.
Quote :
Transboy

Sounds wrong but...
Quote :

But as a kid I looked up to Prime and it
implanted something in my brain that made me sad when he died in RotF
no matter how bad of a movie it was

It was sad that he died in a terrible way in a terrible movie and gets resurrected for the billionth time XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 am

Well I have several videos in mind... Not all are movies, though. Still, I posted them and the segments that actually moved me the most. Some are pretty sad... really.

1. Lord of the Rings Return of the King: Aragorn's speech at the Black Gate

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down... but it is not this day...

THIS DAY WE FIGHT!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" - Aragorn, son of Arathorn

2. Saving Private Ryan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTv9QgPrXCU

"My family is with me today. They wanted to come with me. To be honest with you, I... I wasn't sure how I'd feel coming back here. Every day, I think about what you said to me that day on the bridge. I've tried to live my life the best I could. I hope that was enough. I hope that at least, in your eyes, I earned what all of you have done for me..." - James Ryan

3. A Dog of Flanders (animated, 1975)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_E_6Na4ghg

I was crying all over this stuff when the entire series ended, back in fourth grade. Watching the video as I embedded this brought back a lot of sad memories What movies have touched you? Kopfschuettel

On this ending scene, Nello (the blond kid), who is the main character, is an selfless orphan who lived off selling milk with his grandpa and his dog, Patrasche. He is a simple boy with an artistic talent. He was competing with a rich kid who went to art school. On the final art competition, judges narrowed them down to these two kids.

Since Nello is poor, he is betting on his art to earn a better life. At the end, the rich kid won the art competition instead due to some political reason. As for this poor kid, he not only lost his hope but also his grandpa died a month before the contest. When he visited the church, the judges, on the other hand, decided to award the poor kid as winner instead. It was a last minute decision made by the judges. But the change came too late: He just lost his house, ran out of food, and no money to buy new clothes. Furthermore, he was accused of causing the fire that burned the town's windmill (and granary), and everyone hated him and did not buy milk from him anymore.

One snowy night, he went out to the town church, where he passed out and died of hunger and hypothermia. On the other hand, his girl friend, Alois, tried to look for him to deliver the good news about his winning painting, but she was too late.

I liked pretty much almost everything about the movie. No point posting a single part here.

5. Silence of the Lambs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVqIISyp60

"You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the FBI." - Hannibal Lecter

Apart from Avatar, this has to be my favorite film of all time.
Another pair of memorable conversations from the film:

Hannibal Lecter: First, principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: What is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?
Clarice Starling: He kills women...
Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?
Clarice Starling: Anger, um, social acceptance, and, huh, sexual frustrations, sir...
Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.
Clarice Starling: No. We just...
Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

----------

Hannibal Lecter: Now then, tell me. What did Miggs say to you? Multiple Miggs in the next cell. He hissed at you. What did he say?
Clarice Starling: He said, "I can smell your c*nt."
Hannibal Lecter: I see. I myself cannot. You use Evian skin cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps, but not today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movies have touched you?   What movies have touched you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What movies have touched you?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next