TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meaning behind the name.

Go down 
+8
Steelclaw
2Galvatron
Lunar Retturns 2
Izanami
MADCRUSH
ValiantX
Dr. Lecter
Swid James
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Meaning behind the name. Empty
PostSubject: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Well I made a weak attempted at changing my name before but I found one that suits me Absolute Zero...this is the technical meaning.

Absolute zero is a temperature point at -273.15̊C in the familiar Celsius scale, where 0̊ C is the freezing point of water and the boiling point is 100̊ C. On the Fahrenheit scale this is -459.67̊ F. On the Fahrenheit scale, water freezes at 32̊ F, and water boils at 212̊ F, separating the two states by 180̊. Another temperature scale, called the Kelvin scale, uses the same size units as the Celsius scale, but defines 0̊ K (zero kelvins) as absolute zero.

Absolute zero is the lowest temperature theoretically attainable, a limit point where all molecular particles are at their absolute minimum energy potentials.

the Kelvin and Celsius scales are used in science.

-459.67 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale or -273.15 on the Celsius scale.

I live in a cold climate and I enjoy the cold so it fits. Meaning behind the name. 22607
Back to top Go down
Swid James
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Swid James

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:23 am

About my name - It's my name.. o-o
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:03 am

Great science example.

Anyway, for my part, the name 'Darkfather' was the name I used for a major villain in my group's Dungeons and Dragons campaign. In summary (per the campaign story -- and with pictures.. lol):

Meaning behind the name. Black_11

The Darkfather was a diabolical archmage/high priest who intended to rip an interplanar tunnel into the abyss to unleash the Prince of Demons, Demogorgon, into the mortal realm.
Meaning behind the name. Demogo10

He is also the head of the theocratic nation of Rogoram and its main religion under the god "Kurril Naerath (the god whom he wishes to destroy)," and the primary commander of the Blackthorne Army and the Seven Scourges (a group of elite personalities who share the same cause with Darkfather and pursue his campaign).

The name I am using right now, Elsthis Dei, is also from the same Dungeons and Dragons campaign.

Elsthis Dei is one of the Seven Scourges, and is somewhat the Blackthorne's equivalent of Achilles in war. He is a sadomasochistic cambion (a product between a mortal human and a demon) who was often referred to by his enemies as the "Eviscerator" for his fetish of gutting his enemies with his saw-edged sword. He was best known in-game as the "Buthcer of Derrinport" for his impossible feat of destroying a paladin legion of approximately 10,000.

Meaning behind the name. Apa_tr11
Back to top Go down
ValiantX
Silver Member
Silver Member
ValiantX

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:00 am

The name Valiant is more of an idea or enigma than a name. Original it meant one thing and one thing only-Courage. However over time it began to represent everything right and in a sense became much like hyper-chivalry, as everything about the name was according to justice and everything right.Because the name altered into an idea and the idea itself altered into more of an enigma : V . In a sense I eventually obtained a kind of freedom with the name V as I was constricted by the title of my name nor was my character, it was simply an unknown variable that did what ever the f*** it wanted but generally in the idea of chaos-good.

If I were to express my name through images I suppose it would be go in this order:

Meaning behind the name. Templar_by_Myhate

and then
VVVVV

Meaning behind the name. Sandman1-1-

and I suppose now
VVVVVVVV
Meaning behind the name. Invisible_Man_by_Elminster_ZK
Back to top Go down
MADCRUSH
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
MADCRUSH

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:23 pm

PEOPLE THINK MY NAME IS SELF EXPLANATORY. I GET MAD, I START CRUSHING. LIKE THE HULK. BUT I ACTUALLY NAMED MYSELF THAT BCUZ OF MY GF. I HAD/HAVE A MAD CRUSH ON THIS GIRL. ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE STARTED CALLING ME HER HULK. LOL!

BUT, ORIGINALLY WHEN I STARTED TF MY NAME WAS: MACKVIII.. ITS A COMBINATION OF MY NAME (MARK) AND THE WORD MACH. AT THE TIME MACH 7 WAS THE FASTEST RECORDED SO I CHOOSE 8 OR VIII. BUT, WE R UP TO MACH 9.6 NOW.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:27 pm

-smiles- I still remember that name bro, and I remember too when you asked me if I was a real girl XD
Back to top Go down
MADCRUSH
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
MADCRUSH

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 pm

LOL! I'D SAY YOU'RE A REAL WOMAN NOW ;-) -HUGS SIS-
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:40 pm

-hugs bro- Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Original name: Lone Lobo (Aproximately seven minutes older than Lunar Scout)

Reason behind the name: Simple reason. I was a lone wolf. But in all seriousness, I was for the sole reason of testing the system. After making sure that by using random e-mails I could create as many accounts as I wanted, but I only made four. Was my favorite in terms of coolness (name-wise).

1st name: Lunar Scout (remembered by little)

Reason behind the name: After reading countless novels (one being prominent, yet I cannot remember its actual name) I became interested in the way how the Moon was used in many different shapes and forms. I always did like the word "lunar" for some odd reason which I myself cannot explain. But, from my reading frenzy and watching certain war films, being a scout seemed both exciting and adventurous.

2nd name: Lunar Returns (remembered by little)

Reason behind the name: While I was in my prime (lol) in TFV1, I served (assisted) a man known as Cynox, who had taught me that strategy was the key to every victory and that honor was worth dying for. After taking a three day break from the game and forgetting my password, I had no choice but to create a new account. This account did not last long as I soon forgot the password to this one as well.

3rd name: Lunar Retturns 2 (best known)

Reason behind the name: Since I had forgotten the password to the 2nd account I was once again forced to create a new one, with a password that I still remember to this day. I am sure that many of you noticed the double L's. Well, I did not take my grammar seriously back then and if fact spelled very poorly.

Final name: Elder Colonel Lunar (final TFV1 account; rarely used)

Reason behind the name: I created this this account to show my seriousness for the still-thriving guild, organization, clan, group, whatever you want to call it. I believe that it was not met with much love, if I recall. Anyway, it was for the clan I created alongside Blacksun, the Elders.

Alternate name #1: Flame Alchemist

Reason behind the name: Created to test out just how long it would take to anger the current community of the old forum. This account has caused much chaos and has even earned the hatred of our beloved Fox. Was constantly warned to watch what I say and to shut my mouth. Many enemies have been gained under this account. I call it the "smart-ass" account. I was bored, to say the least. Inspiration came from Roy Mustang of the Full Metal Alchemist anime and manga.

Alternate name # 2: Delacroix

Reason behind the name: Created as a means of returning to TFS (Transformers Supreme) after I left the forum for about two weeks due to an incident that I prefer not to talk about. Has remained my main account for a very, very long time. Inspiration came from the painter and main atagonist of the game Chaos Legion.

Alternate name # 3: Darth Eclipse

Reason behind the name: Temporarilly used for the RPS "The new 501st."

Alternate final name: Taichō Frost

Reason behind the name: Began to take an interest in the element of ice from many fictional shows and other sources. Main reason came from the shinigami (soul reaper) captain Toshiro Hitsugaya from the Bleach anime and manga. Taichō means "captain" in Japanese, thus giving the name "Captain Frost."

Last edited by Taichō Frost on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot four other names)
Back to top Go down
2Galvatron
Gold Member
Gold Member
2Galvatron

Number of posts : 1007

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 pm

First: Downbot oh ya I've got no clue why I had that as my name it was just what I thought of at that moment.

Second: 2Galvatron I like Galvatron a lot so I used that but it was taken so I put a 2 before Galvatron.

Name I had just for fun: Shadow virus that was really funny for the time I used it because I'd have it then i would copy someones name then I would trick people to think I was them I convinced a Defender once that I was there leader that was really funny

My recent name: My nick name is Smiley and i live and the AK so yeah.

Last edited by Aksmiley on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:49 pm

First Name: STEELCLAW 6847: Based on my belief you could make a transformer name with a metal and something "tough" sounding.

Spy Names: Darkclaw, Darksteel: Basically incorporated the word "dark" into my name which seemed to fool a lot of people in the game.

"Meaningful" Names:

-Poseidon: During a brief period of joining the Devil's Own

-Chaos/Corruption: Represented my belief in the "chaos" and "corruption" I provided throughout the game.

-The Riddler/Two-Face: Represented my liking of Batman but also my "wit" (riddler) and my numerous "betrayals" (Two-Face)

Current Name: Noir: Used as a term for old black and white movies, usually about a private eye with a troubled past. Thought that most of that scenario fit me.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 pm

DarkFather's image has nice pubic hair. :p

*shot

Anyways! Autosaver means...
Saving Autobots
Or... saving automatically (Autosaving)
Back to top Go down
MADCRUSH
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
MADCRUSH

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 pm

I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING THREADS I'VE READ.. DOES ANYONE WANT TO KNOW THE MEANING BEHIND: WILL KILLABITCH? LOL!!!! FYI, IS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FEMALES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:26 am

Kratos is my codename in the S.A.S, well it was. After finishing the training we have to fill out forms and pick a codename, for example "Titan", "Priest", "Player". Unfortunately I got sick of it so the others just referred to me as "Captain" in the field.

Last edited by Ironic Captain on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2Galvatron
Gold Member
Gold Member
2Galvatron

Number of posts : 1007

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 am

Wait a minute the S.A.S is British special forces so that would make you...
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 am

More like NZ SAS, mate.

Anyway, it's nice to know where the players' names have come from. More food for thought Meaning behind the name. Icon_smile

----------------------------------------
*Shoots Autosaver
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I think he needs to buy a shaving tool....
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Horrid's turn.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 am

Why Horrid's turn???
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:10 am

i think horrid is a name you just think up
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:05 pm

But he could tell us why he called himself Powa
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

so could I its black lingo for power
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:13 pm

i actually just typed without looking...and that came out....so i kept it.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 pm

well. not gonna lie i just thought of a name that would stick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:45 am

Administrator wrote:
i actually just typed without looking...and that came out....so i kept it.

I guessed as much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meaning behind the name.   Meaning behind the name. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meaning behind the name.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Global Forum-
Jump to: