TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me with my dilemma

Go down 
+2
Steelclaw
HorridWing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Help me with my dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 pm

After playing Batman: Arkham Assylum, I have come across a dilemma, that I want to figure out, and I have a time limit. Help?

Here is my question:

Who do you believe Christopher Nolan's Batman villain shall be next?

It must be a realistic character...Christopher Nolan makes the villains believable, nothing overly ilogical. Thus ruling out Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy....Baine too. Two-Face, Joker, Rhas Al Ghul, and Scarecrow have already been used. That leaves, (excluding some of the more stupid villains) The Riddler, Catwoman, and Penguin. But who exactly could it be?

The Riddler, while being very entertaining and a hell of a challenge...is not a fighter. He's a thinker. He will leave countless clues to a crime about to be commited, and Batman will have to figure it out in time. However....Batman solving riddles through an entire movie is very boring -_-. So...he'd have to have someone along with him...but who? Both are excellent matches, but which is more logical.

Catwoman also cannot stand alone. She is a petty theif with somewhat of a decent fighting ability. She somehow always ends up on the good side as well... Batman vs Catwoman...would not seem enjoyable, at least not compared to the previous batman movies.

The Penguin can actually stand alone, but would not be at all nearly as entertaining as Scarecrow and Joker! The Penguin is a criminal mastermind with decent fighting ability. Being that he is not as charasmatic as some of Batmans other villains...he wouldn't be put alone in a movie by himself. Also..Christopher Nolan always uses two villains for some odd reason.

So...Penguin and Riddler? - Charisma, Humor, and an endearing, intense story?

Riddler and Catwoman? - Charismatic, Humorous, love story?

Penguin and Catwoman? - Intense, Love Story?

Or possibly all 3?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 pm

I think that it will most likely be the Riddler, maybe they'll have Scarecrow cameo again, but they might throw in some lesser known villians like the Black mask, Firefly, or even Harly quinn.

I think a good combo would be the Red Hood against the Black Mask and Penguin in a gang war while the Riddler is planning something more sinister for Gotham.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 pm

See? That's my idea as well...the whole.."everyone does something amongst each other while bats tries to stop them, but Riddler is constantly leaving clues to his deeper plan" thing. But...the villains just won't all fit..ya know? Like Firefly...Christopher Nolan will only go but so far, and his bounty hunter like suit...i don't see that happening, though it is similar to Bats himself. Maybe... I don't see Harley Quinn being involved in anything either...she's always been a natural dunce, eventhough she's a psychiatrist (never understood that)

Further thoughts appreciated...everyone plz.
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 am

Allow me to throw in this thought:

Why not do a "crossover" villain from another DC character. It would certainly pave the way in making a Justice League movie I would think.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:57 pm

um...i dont think so. The Justice League movie is already in production, and im sure Christopher Nolan would want to stick to the Batman Story and only the batman story.

While that could have been a good idea though...but what other character could they possibly use? Only villain known amongst all DC characters is really Lex Luthor.
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I believe that Bane would be qualified for a villain. There are many ways to realisticly craft otherwise far-fetched characters. For Bane, they could simply use the steroid "Venom" as, possibly, the newest product of whatever corporation that created it. It could be like a sort super-steroid. It works like this; the user is given immense strength in exchange for the feeling in ones nerves. His sense of touch is gone so to speak. This literally makes him a walking tank. He can cause all the destruction he wants but will not feel pain. That is possible. Besides, I've seen many people will muscles that seem impossible in porportion to some of the fictional muscle-bound characters. It is one of those "strager than fiction" sort of moments if you will.

Another possibility could be Anarky, a villain that many Batman fans (of his comic adventures) may recognize. Anarky is a child prodigy, inventor, and hacker. He means good for the world but Batman refuses to accept his violent methods. Not truly a villain but I'm sure that writers can find a way to incorporate the potrayal.

Deadshot and Deathstroke, two of DC's most ruthless assassin's, could provide Batman with a challenge. Deadshot is a master marksman while Deathstroke is a martial artist. Combine those two elements of assassination and we have a killer alliance. One must not forget KGBeast, a Russian assassin.

Then there's the Ventriloquist. Not that famous himself but his puppet, Scarface, is another story. And who can foget Hush? A lot of you.

You be the judge, this is simply my opinion.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:51 am

Well...quite honestly...the Bane thing is still a bit...unrealistic. I'm unsure of how Christopher would actually portray such a thing. While your idea is quite creative, and intelligent, it lacks....realism if you will. One, why would something like this ever get out? It would be kept among scientist, and if Bane originated in that type...then it would be quite logical for him to use it. The Bane in Arkham Assylum almost seems realistic, where he's experimented on. The venom being constantly fed into his body, and making him stronger. Another thing...Bane doesn't make for quite the villain for batman. Christopher Nolans batman, has to overcome mental and physical challenges. Bane is practically just another thinking game, of...how to bring down the beast -_-. Just like any old King Kong film. Now a partnered Bane...that may make more sense. With someone like Penguin...or Riddler. Definately! Especially Penguin!

Anarky is more or less the same problem as Riddler, where he won't make for much of an exciting story. While his methods are darker...he's no joker, and that would kill a story with him. His charisma lacks the much of Joker and Riddlers as well...

Deadshot and Deathstroke...that would be cool!

Only problem really with these guys will be that, Christopher Nolan is more focused on appealing to all that have heard of Batman, and not just his fans. Rhas Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Joker and Two-Face have been heard of by everyone. To throw in these guys ([excluding Bane] although it'd be cool) would stump some of the newcoming Batman fans =/. It'd definately be awesome though.

Thanks for your input dude. We should send this topic to him....
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:53 am

Any time.

Altought, you left a few others untouched.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:55 am

Ah! Scarface...well you know why we couldn't use Scarface -_-. It's just the schizophrenic Ventriloquist....
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 am

Along with, quote, "Possibly Batman's most dangerous foe", Hush.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:06 am

Hush...actually isn't a bad idea.....no powers...nothing. He's just like an anti-batman. Same hand-to-hand skills, along with weapons. How could batman stop one, who is just like him?
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:08 am

Ah. We have a possible candidate.

Indeed he is the perfect anti-Batman, something that no one has come close to achieving such a prestiges surname.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 am

Al Mualim wrote:
Ah. We have a possible candidate.

Indeed he is the perfect anti-Batman, something that no one has come close to achieving such a prestiges surname.

actually...he's more like a evil batman....the anti batman is Joker.
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:41 am

Either way, equals.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:42 pm

so uh....no other help?
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Apparently not. The next piece of help will either be terrible (simply out of rush to quickly answer because they were late) or semi-good.
Back to top Go down
Izanagi-no-mikoto
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Izanagi-no-mikoto

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 am

I have spoken.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Hah! Told you Bane would be realistic! He's gonna be in the next Batman movie. >:]
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 am

Seems you were right, and i was wrong... Christopher Nolan is using the old, comic book Bane. The one that i was actually not too knowledgable about...

I said before, that this would just be "overcoming the beast" but... Bane is a master tactitian as well. He's smart and overwhelmingly powerful.

I also have seen rumors that Hugo Strange will be in it (Robin Williams) as well as Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) and a possible Robin (Arthur from Inception). This is either going to be a Spiderman 3 dissapointment, or an extremely long movie.......

I have faith in Christopher Nolan....
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Christopher Nolan knows that he's got a lot to live up to.
And the old Bane was vicious cunning killer and crippled the dark knight as we know him.
The only time he is a giant hulking mass of stupid is in Batman: AA and Batman & Robin movie. At least that is what I think.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 pm

To those wondering what Batman "AA" is it's Arkham Asylum.

Arkham City here I come!!
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:13 pm

he actually always becomes a hulking brute.... even in the comics, i believe. Just not to the over exaggerated extent as the cartoons portray him.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:44 pm

there will be no robin btw, christian bale said so
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Aww, but the Bat family is everything we love about Bats!
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 am

Kinda happy there's no Robin... Robin makes batman movies gay........

I wonder who Arthur from Inception is gonna play then....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me with my dilemma   Help me with my dilemma I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me with my dilemma
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Global Forum-
Jump to: