TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing the bad guy role over a national blog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Playing the bad guy role over a national blog Empty
PostSubject: Playing the bad guy role over a national blog   Playing the bad guy role over a national blog I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:45 pm

I just tried a new endeavor this past week, something that's on my "To do" checklist for 2010:

To TROLL an ultra high-traffic public message board.

So, I decided to troll the blog series "Purple Thumb," a blog series related to the upcoming national elections on May 10, 2010.

Example: Violence Marks Battle For Abra Towns with Big Internal Revenue Allotments
(though I didn't troll that particular link, but that's one example of how dirty politics here is)

I've been fighting trolls ever since I did forums way back in 2005, so I guess it's a refreshing change to be on the other side of the "wall" for once.

I'll try to post some of my tirades here along with some of the most memorable responses... lol (most of the replies are in my language even though I make posts in English, so I'll translate in italics).

Autosaver's grammar Nazi technique works wonders Playing the bad guy role over a national blog 73329. A lot actually fell for it.

Some 50-year-old hypocrite took the bait. I'll post his reactions here tomorrow night first. I'm going to sleep for now.

Ciao ya'll
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Playing the bad guy role over a national blog   Playing the bad guy role over a national blog I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Quote :
To TROLL an ultra high-traffic public message
board.

Have fun with the ban
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Playing the bad guy role over a national blog   Playing the bad guy role over a national blog I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:33 pm

That's the least of his worries.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Playing the bad guy role over a national blog   Playing the bad guy role over a national blog I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:47 am

This is part of the exchange I had with a 50-year-old spammer named Jaime, (he floods the boards seriously with around 8 to 9 copy-pasted comments daily) who was campaigning for Senator Gordon, one of the aspirants for president in my place.

I picked on this guy because he passed off a medical fallacy as a fact way back then - and I'm from the medical field. This does not count the fact yet that I've seen BFTA forum folks make better typewritten posts than he does.

Translations from Filipino to English is in yellow font.

---------------------------

This is the part where he was trapped in a corner already. Other people picked up on the argument and are starting to hammer the poor guy (my bad... LOL)

Jaime wrote:
"EXCUSE ME POH!!!FIrst,i am a 50 year old w/ an eyesight problem.wala na akong panahon para e google kung mali man ang spelling as long as you clearly understand the messages itself.. SO EXCUSE ME FOR YOUR CORRECT GRAMMAR AND SPELLING SARCASM OK!!!"

EXCUSE ME!!! First, I am a 50-year-old with an eyesight problem. I don't have time to google whatever discrepancies I have in spelling as long as you clearly understand the messages itself.. SO EXCUSE ME FOR YOUR CORRECT GRAMMAR AND SPELLING SARCASM, OK!!!

I hate to lay it down like this, but your eyesight must be failing you real bad, gramps.

Age and failing health is not an excuse over the internet. Ask any other troll here (we both fall in this category). Personal issues are so lame here, it's a weakness that is exploited easily.

I'm gonna start typing in caps so that you don't miss a thing. Oh, take some anti-hypertensives before you read this: Your temper might spike and stuff.

OK, I'LL START. I GUESS YOUR FAILING EYESIGHT DIDN'T GET YOU TO READ THE LAST PART OF MY POST, SO I'LL SIMPLY PASTE IT BELOW:

1. Even though this is the internet and it's futile to correct grammar here, I strongly suggest for you to FIX YOUR POSTS (RELEVANCE-->CONTENT-->SPELLING ----- in that order). YOU'RE COPY-PASTING; at least post something that's not full of potholes.

------> IBIG SABIHIN, PAULIT-ULIT NYO NA ITONG GINAGAWA. MALAKI ANG TSANSANG NAKA-SAVE LANG ITO SA COMPUTER NINYO. WALA BA KAYONG PROOFREADER? SAKA NABASA KO SA ISANG POST NYO (MALAMANG WALA NA ITO SA FEATURED BLOGS) NA 4 AM NANDITO NA KAYO NAGPLAPLASTA NG MGA COMMENT AT MINSAN INAABUTAN PA NG 10 AM... SERIOUSLY. WTF

THAT MEANS, YOU'VE BEEN DOING STUFF REPEATEDLY FOR SOME TIME NOW. THERE'S A BIG CHANCE THAT IT's JUST SAVED SOMEWHERE IN YOUR COMPUTER. DON'T YOU HAVE A PROOFREADER? BY THE WAY, I READ IN ONE OF YOUR POSTS (IT'S PROBABLY OUT OF THE FEATURED BLOGS BY NOW) THAT YOU'RE ALREADY HERE PASTING YOUR COMMENTS AT 4 AM AND YOU FINISH AT 10 AM... SERIOUSLY. WTF.

2. Don't fret over the small stuff. Everyone has his fair share of haters. Even for basic comment writers like us.

---> I DON'T THINK I EVEN NEED TO ELABORATE ON THAT.

BTW, typing in CAPS is equivalent to SHOUTING in message boards. It's not nice. Not one bit. I actually feel kinda bad TYPING IN CAPS TO A 50-YEAR-OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET.

==============================

Jaime wrote:

"PUEDE BA...TINGNAN MO ANG LAHAT NANG THREAD...MAY NAKITA KA BANG THREAD NA ANG LAMAN AY PURO IN RELATION SA SAID TOPIC?YOU CAN ONLY EXPECT NA LAHAT NANG MAG COMMENT IN RELATION TO THE TOPIC PAG TAPOS NA ELECTION...WHERE EVERYBODY STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR THERE CANDIDATES"

OH, PLEASE... LOOK AT ALL THE THREADS... DO YOU SEE A THREAD WHERE EVERYTHING THAT'S POSTED IS RELATED TO THE SAID TOPIC? YOU CAN ONLY EXPECT THAT EVERYONE WOULD ONLY COMMENT RELATED TO THE TOPIC AFTER THE ELECTION... WHERE EVERYBODY WOULD STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR THEIR CANDIDATES.

- JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DOING IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S RIGHT.

BTW (BY THE WAY), I DOUBT THAT THIS PURPLE THUMB SERIES IS GOING TO BE AROUND SEVERAL MONTHS AFTER MAY 10 ANYHOW. EXPECT HEAVIER LITERARY BOMBARDMENT FROM DIFFERENT TROLLS AND ANONYMOUS HECKLERS IN THE NEXT SEVEN TO EIGHT DAYS. MOST OF THESE GUYS USE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. THEY'RE QUITE EASY TO SPOT.

God, I hate lecturing middle-aged folk with myopia, glaucoma, or whatever. Ugh. I do hope this is the last time I have to remind you on things because I have other members to 'troll' on like YOU do.

I'M GONNA CALL YOU GRAMPS FROM NOW ON. SEE YA LATER! Playing the bad guy role over a national blog Icon_biggrin

P.S. I really am sarcastic, thank you very much. If you can't take the pain, don't play.

I'm sort of sad because this entire comment wasn't even related to THIS topic about Miriam and Gibo. Anyway, life goes on.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Playing the bad guy role over a national blog   Playing the bad guy role over a national blog I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Dang!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing the bad guy role over a national blog   Playing the bad guy role over a national blog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing the bad guy role over a national blog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Relaxation-
Jump to: