TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Global warning

Go down 
+6
The Good Rebel
HorridWing
borgdrone
Lunar Retturns 2
Autosaver
Commander Hawk
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Global warning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Administrator wrote:
i think the 7 days thing makes a bit more sense than the whole, big huge explosion that creates a whole earth. Wth??

Well you obviously don't understand the Big Bang theory. It wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion of a small mass that might have been a previous universe. And it's still expanding to this day. The evidence is overwhelming, as opposed to anything mentioned in the bible.

And what's with this forum and religious debates? It's all in good fun, and it leads to people discovering new ideas.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:55 am

They also lead to fights and and conflicting viewpoints. Whether I'm for it or not, (cause I'd gladly show the lack of logic in the big bang theory) it's against the rules. Maybe one day we can get that changed once the residents of this forum can learn to debate without name calling and flaming. This includes everyone, including myself.
Back to top Go down
Commander Hawk
Banned
Commander Hawk

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:35 pm

omg my brain is hurting.
*shakes her head*

enough with all the science talk please gort, this is just a topic warning those near the beaches to be careful.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 pm

G.O.R.T wrote:
Administrator wrote:
i think the 7 days thing makes a bit more sense than the whole, big huge explosion that creates a whole earth. Wth??

Well you obviously don't understand the Big Bang theory. It wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion of a small mass that might have been a previous universe. And it's still expanding to this day. The evidence is overwhelming, as opposed to anything mentioned in the bible.

And what's with this forum and religious debates? It's all in good fun, and it leads to people discovering new ideas.

What is with this forum?

Have you ever been into another forum before?
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Autosaver wrote:

Have you? Because from what I know, this is the most politically correct Transformers forum I've ever been to. But oh well, it's still young and the change is just beginning.

As for the Admin, how can you show the "lack of logic" in the big bang theory if you don't even know what it is? Though we should stop talking, wouldn't want to offend these invisible members that the rules keep referencing.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 pm

G.O.R.T wrote:
Autosaver wrote:

Have you? Because from what I know, this is the most politically correct Transformers forum I've ever been to. But oh well, it's still young and the change is just beginning.

As for the Admin, how can you show the "lack of logic" in the big bang theory if you don't even know what it is? Though we should stop talking, wouldn't want to offend these invisible members that the rules keep referencing.

i loled at politically correct
everyone has politically incorrect stuff floating in their heads, thats why people like democrats or republicans,
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 pm

G.O.R.T

You should know by now I love Sonic.
What my point was, most forums on the internet usually remove religion talk. Due to the outcome coming in circles and no one going anywhere. I also don't like the fact that some people force you to be one of them.

We got on a vacation... and this guy goes "OMG CHRISTIAN IS RIGHT"
I am a Christian.. but please, don't shove it in my face.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:53 pm

G.O.R.T wrote:
Autosaver wrote:

Actually, at the moment you brought it to my attention that i was misinformed, i decided to look it up and find out what i can about it. I came upon some things that just dont make sense to me...I'm only 19...but i know my stuff. I'm no fool, and i can see a contradiction when it's there.

Basically my whole view on this is that Aetheism is a religion in itself. You say that all these religions are close minded and foolish, but who's truly close minded when you cant believe in what you cannot see? Can you see air? Then how do you know it's there? How about radio waves? Yet it's there....however this is just my viewpoint on things. You guys ar just as hardheaded and stubborn as we are, if not worst.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Air is possible to see when it is cold. You also can FEEL air.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

i thought of that...thats why i mentioned radio waves...and thoughts, now that i think about it. You cant really hear it, you cant see it...but somehow, you just do it and you know its there....why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Administrator wrote:
G.O.R.T wrote:
Autosaver wrote:

Actually, at the moment you brought it to my attention that i was misinformed, i decided to look it up and find out what i can about it. I came upon some things that just dont make sense to me...I'm only 19...but i know my stuff. I'm no fool, and i can see a contradiction when it's there.

Basically my whole view on this is that Aetheism is a religion in itself. You say that all these religions are close minded and foolish, but who's truly close minded when you cant believe in what you cannot see? Can you see air? Then how do you know it's there? How about radio waves? Yet it's there....however this is just my viewpoint on things. You guys ar just as hardheaded and stubborn as we are, if not worst.

You have a point there. But still, don't just presume that when someone says that they don't believe in religion that they are Atheist. Having a religion is a choice depending on your beliefs and culture. Take me for example, I don't believe in God or a higher power. I believe that we are in control of our own lives and no one has a "spiritual hold" on us. Because I don't believe in God doesn't mean I'm an Atheist either, I don't believe in anything and have no ties to religion.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post, it wasn't an attempt at a flame war. I just felt like posting that for some reason, no real reason.....
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Atheism is not a religion. Imagine this, Person A is holding a brick. Person B lacks a brick. Now replace "brick" with "religion". Atheism is simply a lack of religion.

Jesus people, it's not rocket science.
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm

And Radio Waves have evidence of their existence, unlike God. And no, "miracles" are not evidence.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Horrid... you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Right then...
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm

.... Lunar... Horrid doesn't get it.

I think its time we split/lock since now we are getting into religion.
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:40 pm

we're not discussing religion. We're discussing aetheism, which G.O.R.T just clearly stated is not a religion.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 pm

O MA GOD

Atheism isn't considered a religion. But when you compare it to "Why would you believe in Jesus? Miracles aren't proof"

That steps the line.

And plus.. this isn't talking about Global Warning... i tnk :/
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Who the hell said that???? Nobody even mentioned god or jesus
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Fail.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Whats funny is that the god talk was just a couple posts from his.

Lunar, don't fall in to this mess. It looks fail at first but then you might facepalm if you look up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Autosaver wrote:
.... Lunar... Horrid doesn't get it.

I think its time we split/lock since now we are getting into religion.

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm

God have mercy on this extremely over politically correct forum.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Like Horrid said, usually. Whenever people get into god talk, it turns into a flame war.

I have no idea what forums you go to that allow religion talk.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Lecter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Lecter

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 am

Well, basically some people are uncomfortable with religious affairs. Some love to talk about it.

All is fair in love and war.

Anyway, for my two cents' worth on this topic, I really couldn't care less about coronal mass ejections or mythical entities influencing the course of events in our daily lives. Much less for the clay origins of man or its grand evolution as a multicellular organism of the highest intellectual capacity on the planet.

I'll touch on the original topic: Hawk's (who is banned again as of this post, but again, cest la vie).

That Chilean earthquake did send out tsunami in several different directions, including my country. However, the distance of Chile from where I am greatly dispersed this force, leaving us with a mere 1-meter surge ---- negligible, but still, it's seismic in origin.

As the Philippine Islands is in the Pacific Ring of Fire, it's not farfetched that natural events of cataclysmic nature would tend to occur here. The fact that I live geographically near a dormant volcano rests my case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global warning   Global warning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global warning
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next