TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kraft loses out.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swid James
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Swid James

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Kraft loses out. Empty
PostSubject: Kraft loses out.   Kraft loses out. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:42 am

" US giant Kraft Foods said Monday it had offered 10.2 billion pounds (16.7 billion US dollars) for Cadbury, adding that the British chocolate maker had rejected the offer but that it was still on the table.

"Kraft Foods Inc. today announces that it has made a proposal to the Board of Cadbury plc to combine the two companies. The Board of Cadbury has rejected this proposal," said a statement issued by Kraft to the London Stock Exchange.

The offer "values the entire issued share capital of Cadbury at 10.2 billion pounds," it added. " - BBC

This is cadbury's offical response from, http://www.cadbury.com/media/press/Pages/cadburystatementkraftfoods.aspx
"In response to the announcement by Kraft Foods Inc. (“Kraft Foods”), Cadbury plc (“Cadbury” or the “Group”) confirms that it recently received an unsolicited proposal from Kraft Foods regarding a possible share and cash offer for the Group which is conditional on, inter alia, financing and due diligence. The Board of Cadbury reviewed the proposal with its advisers and rejected it.

The Board is confident in Cadbury’s standalone strategy and growth prospects as a result of its strong brands, unique category and geographic scope and the continued successful delivery of its Vision into Action plan. The Board believes that the proposal fundamentally undervalues the Group and its prospects.

Note 7 of Rule 2.4 of the Code requires the Group to point out that this statement is being made by the Group without the prior agreement of Kraft Foods and that there can be no certainty whether any offer will be made."

Looks like kraft underestimated one of the worlds largest confectionary businesses.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Kraft loses out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kraft loses out.   Kraft loses out. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Kraft - The mac and cheese company?
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457

Kraft loses out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kraft loses out.   Kraft loses out. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm

yep...the cheese company basically...
Back to top Go down
charge mine
Silver Member
Silver Member
charge mine

Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Kraft loses out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kraft loses out.   Kraft loses out. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:46 pm

wait why would kraft mac "n" cheese people do that ?
Back to top Go down
HorridWing
Gold Member
Gold Member
HorridWing

Number of posts : 1457

Kraft loses out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kraft loses out.   Kraft loses out. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 pm

same reason u come to tfx once every 3 months...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kraft loses out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kraft loses out.   Kraft loses out. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kraft loses out.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Global Forum-
Jump to: