TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avatar Comic Con Reactions + Official Trailer Release date and more!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Avatar Comic Con Reactions + Official Trailer Release date and more! Empty
PostSubject: Avatar Comic Con Reactions + Official Trailer Release date and more!   Avatar Comic Con Reactions + Official Trailer Release date and more! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 am

Reactions

"At the AVATAR panel, this *beep* is bonkers! Coolest *beep* ever! Watching James Cameron speak"

"Avatar is going to be huge. James Cameron has spent some time on this thing. Footage looks awesome"

"James Cameron Avatar panel. Visually brilliant 3D CG film. #comic-com "

Oh. My. God. James Cameron just showed us 25 minutes of Avatar... EPIC.

James Cameron just showed us 25 Minutes of AVATAR. Sigourney Weaver is on stage now saying, "THIS is the movie you've been waiting for."

"Just saw 25 mins of James Cameron's Avatar. Impressive."

"Wow. AVATAR looks incredible. There won't be a better panel than this one, 100% victor by knock-out, James Cameron. #comic-con"

The footage (25 min!) of James Cameron's Avatar was MIND-BLOWING. The "King of the World" is back!!!

AVATAR!!! James Cameron has done it again and he's not even done! December 18th people.

Just saw 24 minutes of James Cameron's Avatar and it is the most visually impressive material I have ever seen in my life. By far.

Avatar, ambitious, unique, incredible. saw 25 mins, terrific

"Michael here. Right now I am mindblown from experiencing 24 minutes on Pandora. Cameron has visited another planet and shot footage there.

Jaws were dropped, minds were blown, and people are still processing how far beyond anything we've seen this is. I'll be updating with more detailed impressions soon.

SAME DAY UPDATES:

There aren't any "effects" in this movie: everything is real. The world, from the smallest insects to the moss that lights up when stepped upon, from the Na'vi / Avatar's eyes and skin to their powerful yet nimble movements - simply exists. Simply put, I believe that Avatar is such a remarkable accomplsihment in so many different ways that I would call it 10 years ahead of anything out there. And the 3D is the most seamlessly immersive I have ever seen.

But the most important point I want to get across: the characters work, the performances pop off the screen and already come across as iconic.

Emotion and tension are not only present, they infuse every scene. I was immediately reminded of Aliens and the amazing chemistry between the characters in that film. Jake, Ney'tiri, Quaritch, Dr. Augustine, Spellman, Tsu'Tey - these characters WORK.

And they are real. You will not only believe that the Na'vi and Avatars exist, but you will immediately begin forming the audience /character bond.

At the press conference following the Hall H presentation Cameron mentioned that Sigourney Weaver recently saw the film, and cried afterward. Cameron knows that this has to be an emotional journey at the core, and that the action - as mind-boggling as it is - must have stakes. He mentioned this at the conference as the reason a chase scene in the first Terminator film still holds up so well today.

I'm looking forward to an extraordinary film this December. As Cameron said at the press conference, it's firing on all cylinders.

More details soon."

"I was able to see the footage today and besides the obvious it will blow everyone away. The human characters were fine but you will get wrapped up in the world and the environment. The Colors are amazing and really have to be seen , can't really describe it as the pinks and neon pinks looked like something I haven't seen. O.k. here is what I was impressed with the most. The camera angles and the simulation of a hand held camera in a 3d world. It is hard to explain this one but Cameron's work and his vision really comes through. The 3D depth was impressive, very impressive. I can't wait to see it again in August for free! Yes! For free!!!

The Navi, looked amazing and the dead eyes that were used in BEOWULF were not an issue with the CG Anamation this time around. (edit) "

" On August 21, the world will get its first look at director James Cameron’s motion picture epic AVATAR, when Twentieth Century Fox and Cameron debut the film’s trailer everywhere – while select cinemas and IMAX®️ theaters will screen extended footage prepared by the renowned filmmaker for this global “Avatar Day” event.

The worldwide trailer launch will be presented in all formats, including IMAX®️ 3-D, IMAX®️ 2-D, digital 3-D, digital 2-D, and 35mm 2-D. The trailer will also be available online.

The extended look at AVATAR will unspool only on August 21 – and only in 3-D – in select theaters and IMAX®️. Details on locations and reserving tickets for this extraordinary and unprecedented experience will be announced soon.

In addition on the 21st, Ubisoft®️ will unveil the trailer for their videogame James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game, and Mattel will reveal the action figures for the film’s Avatar and alien Na’vi characters.

AVATAR takes us to a spectacular new world beyond our imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption, discovery and unexpected love, as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization. The film was first conceived by Cameron 14 years ago, when the means to realize his vision did not yet exist. Now, after four years of actual production work, AVATAR delivers a fully immersive cinematic experience of a new kind, where the revolutionary technology invented to make the film, disappears into the emotion of the characters and the sweep of the story.

AVATAR opens in theaters everywhere December 18, 2009."
Back to top Go down

Avatar Comic Con Reactions + Official Trailer Release date and more!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Global Forum-
Jump to: