TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review

Go down 
+7
X
Steelclaw
Optimus Prime
charge mine
ValiantX
Autosaver
The Darkfather
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review Empty
PostSubject: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Pros:

1. The movie was nevertheless entertaining, a smorgasbord of CGI robot goodness for fans of the Transformers franchise.

2. A lot of effort was placed on the animation of the robots, which helped make a lot of fight scenes more visceral in a way.

3. On a very personal note, Prime died which is a big plus for my fickle senses. I hate Prime.

4. The movie had a little more focus on the robots, which nearly touched on the real point of having a Transformer movie.

5. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership was introduced, along with Energon (yes, something closer to the original mythos than the Allspark).

6. Decepticons were trashing around the place like they should have done in the first movie. Also, Soundwave was there.

7. John Turturro (Simmons) gave an entertaining side to his Sector 7 character with his antics.

8. The film had Megan Fox (more like, her cleavage).

9. The fight scenes between robots were intricately brutal, something that you would expect when a 20-ton robot smashes into another robot of less or equal stature.

10. The concept of the Space bridge was floated (maybe a prelude to another episode?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONS:

Prepare, there are many.

CONTINUITY ERRATA AND QUESTIONABLE CIRCUMSTANCES

Every movie has at least one, but I can't help but point some of these out, after seeing ROTF three times (one on IMAX).

1. Bumblebee lost his voice AGAIN. How in the world did that happen?

2. The transformer RC, Wheelie (that Megan Fox captured in her shop), had a sense of libido in the film, and he tried humping Megan's leg. That's odd.

3. Michael Bay had to add testicles to Devastator. Worse, he had John Turturro point it out, which was a double negative and quite crass, really. THERE ARE NO WRECKING CRANES AMONG CONSTRUCTICONS. Very out of place indeed.

4. Skids and Mudflap talk like they have ADHD other than the fact that they shuck and Jive. There was something weird about hearing a robot talk like Chingy or Alpha Chino (Tropic Thunder) to a college Freshman.

5. The shot in Egypt was arduously LONG. It is understandable that it is the climactic portion of the story, but still, it dragged on for quite a bit.

6. Viewers who are not familiar with the TF franchise simply saw a lot of robots killing each other. These robots were not introduced. That sort of downgrades recall value for the film, for non-fans.

Take for example, Sideways (the Audi R8 in Shanghai). He wasn't introduced in the movie, he was just seen being chased around by Arcee and her motley crew before Sideswipe cuts him in half. You wouldn't even know it was sideways except if you read about him in Wikipedia.

Another example would be the Purple motorcycle robot who goes with Arcee. She was shot down while giving instructions to Sam and Mikaela in Egypt. SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A NAME, even in Wikipedia. She was there to get shot like the random guy that gets kicked in the face by Jackie Chan. At least they gave Chromia's name to the blue one.

7. The voluminous sophomoric innuendos in the film: Dry humping, crass jokes and weird slapstick humor between the twins that looks like a rare unfunny skit from MAD TV.

8. Optimus Prime shot down the Matrix (which was lodged in to the sun-eating device). This kills another link between Bay's concept and the original story again. Furthermore, this somehow kills the link as to how they would acquire Energon, which is a staple for all Transformers.

With Prime destroying the thing that creates Energon for them, does this mean that Autobots don't need Energon? In that case, where are they going to get it in case they start to feel weak? A frickin SOLAR PANEL?!

9. To think that the sun-eating machine was in the Great Pyramid all along, you might think that archaeologists would have found an evidence of it way back when they were digging all around the Middle East for artifacts.

10. The humans were there specifically to be blown to bits. They could have sent in more Aircraft or could have rained cruise missiles, or carpet bombed the damn things... but they didn't. Not until Sam got to Prime and stuff.

11. Grindor, in my opinion, is a total ripoff of Blackout. Seriously. Why the hell is Bonecrusher in Egypt by the way? bounce

12. I guess Starscream doesn't have a 'lock-on' function when using his missiles. He misses horribly, for a robot F-22.

13. The back-up tanks and MLRS came into the scene minutes after calls for assistance were sent. That was fast. Real fast.

The pyramids are somewhat relatively... close in terms of modern range capabilities for most siege weapons, like the MLRS which has an average operational range of 300 miles (I don't think they really used it).

Below is probably the closest (in my opinion) possible that an Aircraft carrier can send land units to Giza from the Red Sea (if you recall the backup that came in hovercrafts), provided that the government of Egypt and neighboring countries allow an American Aircraft Carrier in their waters for that circumstance. Most likely, the Carrier would have been farther off. The sea in the picture is less than 10% of the Red Sea's total size.

This shot is 314.52 km above the ground:
Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review Egypt10

What's MORE curious is the range of the Fallen's magnetic/telekinetic ability that rammed tanks, choppers and MLRS to the pyramid it was standing on. I mean, they could have just sent missiles thrice the range of the distance in the picture from the MLRS. Never mind the tanks, they need to get close. Just curious, really. If the Fallen could reach that far, how come it didn't use it on Prime or on the other Autobots?

14. I didn't know the Rail gun was deployed already as of 2009 (well, for the film's sake it is). That would mean that the naval destroyer housing the railgun is tagging along with the aircraft carrier all this time for God-knows-what. This should have raised international issues among the Middle Eastern countries around the Red sea. Really, the "We'll be parking our warships at your backyard in case killer robots attack your country" doesn't seem really feasible.

15. How come Longhaul (who is Devastator's right leg)

Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review 240px-10

is seen out there fighting the Autobots alongside Megatron, when in the same instance, Devastator is on top of the pyramid digging the sun-eating gun out? He was even bombed to bits in the carpet bombing scene ---- after Devastator was shot down by the rail gun.

16. Rampage (who is Devastator's left leg), on the other hand, was killed by Bumblebee when Devastator was up on the pyramid. WTF.

I also note that Rampage was Red when he fought Bumblebee, but was yellow when he was combined with Devastator. Jesus.

Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review 240px-11Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review Bumble10

17. To think that Constructicons are smart enough to revive Megatron and crafty enough to hostage Sam's parents, it eludes me as to how dumb Devastator was when they combined. It was as if his IQ suddenly dropped to primal levels, feeding his giant wood chipper mouth like a whale shark feeds on frickin' krill. He doesn't even have the minute dexterity that the original Dev has.
Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review 800px-10

(Note Longhaul and Rampage as Dev's legs in the pic)

18. There's not much plot depth in it... really.

-------------------------------------------------------

To sum all this stuff up,

Transformers ROTF is fun, it's enjoyable and it's really, really awesome. Just leave your brain outside the movie house before you watch it, since analyzing it too much when you watch it (like I did on my last two viewings) would ruin the entire experience.

Hey, it's a movie based on TOYS. Get over it.

If you have your own review or critique on the ROTF movie in general, or violent reactions, please post it here in this thread, so we can all share ideas and sentiments regarding our parent theme (which is, after all, Transformers in general).
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:53 pm

CONS

1. Whats with the stupid gangsters in the movie..? God gangsters are sooo annoying.

2. Continuation error - Sam is holding hands with Fox and then the camera turns and there hands aren't held together. WTF?

3.Devastor has balls but doesn't have a ****? WTF?
Devastor somehow loses his balls(ha ha you have infertility(SP?) now)
Not that he had a **** in the first place... -_-

4.Every autobot/decepticon is a girl besides Devastor. Or Devastor is the only one who can reproduce?

5. Some of the jokes are corny, heck I couldn't figure out one of the first ones. Something thats rhymes with room??!?!?

6. Decepticons/Autobots are obsessed with s e x.

7. PG-13 movie.... but it stretches it from going almost to the R
Examples : S e x jokes, "Whats with all these Mother *gets attacked*

8.Impossible things happening.... HEY GUYS I FLEW OVER TO YOU IN 2 MINUTES SOMEHOW

9.I'm sure you can get into Egypt without a passport if your from New York.

10. Sam/Fox is on a cliff, Camera turns and they run forward and then next scene happens? Was there a magical rainbow bridge? Did they falls and bruise themselves before the next scene happened? D:

11. Matrix.... WTF So you shove it into Optimus? Also Solar Panels... FTW! Transformers can go green to. Very Happy

12. Pieces of the All-Spark - What the heck? When they see on a screen a whole bunch of places with those symbols and Sam says something like "Theres 7" but they go to one.... hum how did they know? Whats the other places on the map for? Also remember when one piece goes on JetFire? Well, what happens to the piece? AND JetFire dies, and goes on top of Optimus. Now Optimus has it... but Optimus turns back to normal NOW WHERE DID THE PIECE GO?

13. Hey guys, my name is bumblebee. I'm not going to drive you and save you, I'm going to watch you RUN all the way to optimus and get hit by bombs and almost die. Great huh? Very Happy

14. Transformers pop in and out? Who are they? Also why did the voice actor of Sonic voice sideswipe? They ran out of actors? lol Also Arcee popped in twice. Very Happy

Pros

1. It was a fun movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 pm

O_O -claps for darkdaddy- GO DADDY!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
ValiantX
Silver Member
Silver Member
ValiantX

Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Great analysis dark,exactly what went through my mind after the watch.

The only thing I have to say is the supposed explanation behind multiple bots such as Blackout's significant other as well as a new Bonecrusher is the fact that the Decepticons have been (most recently) making clones,along with the several drones scene within the Egypt sequence (hence the need for energon). But once again none of this would have been without a wiki source or grinding analyzation of the film along with plot assumptions,in order to fill in the gaps.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:24 am

Ah, thanks V. That clears it up a bit.

I presume there are about a dozen Starscreams too with various names, just like in the toyline --- color it purple and you can call him Skywarp. bounce
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 am

I have a question. Whats the point of balls even though there are no known women decepticons in the movies...? (Maybe he goes out with the autobots heh heh)

Wait... don't they make transformers out of some resource? Or something? O_o
Back to top Go down
charge mine
Silver Member
Silver Member
charge mine

Number of posts : 781

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:09 pm

well i can agree in some standards of that what didn't make since to me was a prime can only die by another prime but you clearly see a prime does get killed by somebody else thats not really a prime
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:40 am

Pros:

1. The robots looked awesome and the fights looked real.

2. The plot was good.

3. Optimus Prime is much stronger. That is what I wanted to see always.

4. Decepticons ran away at the end.

5. Jetfire was both funny and heroic.

6. More things from the Transformers previous series were introduced (Matrix of Leadership, Energon, Space Bridges and more) that made the movie more interesting.

7. Megatron being The Fallen's apprentice reminds me of Galvatron being Unicron's apprentice in G1.

8. The Fallen's powers were awesome.

9. I think Devastator having a simple mind had a reason. His name is Devastator, so he must devastate. And that just helps him do it better.

10. Decepticons having clones/brothers is good to give another challenge to the Autobots.

Cons:

1. Devastator having b*lls. Come on, man what the slagging heck does a Transformer use them for? Transformers don't need them.

2. Wheelie wanting to do weird things. That's weird.

3. Bumblebee can't speak AGAIN? What is Ratchet doing?

I believe it was an awesome movie, despite it's bad parts, it had its awesome parts. It's one of the awesomest movies I've seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:46 am

This is for charge mine. The legend/prophecy says only a prime can kill the fallen. Not only a prime can kill a prime.
Back to top Go down
charge mine
Silver Member
Silver Member
charge mine

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am

either way it didn't make any sense of why a prime needed to kill him dang plot but then again i could be wrong with that since theres other thoughts to it that could be explain to (awosome the fallen used to be a prime though)
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm

charge mine wrote:
either way it didn't make any sense of why a prime needed to kill him dang plot but then again i could be wrong with that since theres other thoughts to it that could be explain to (awosome the fallen used to be a prime though)

The Fallen wasn't just a Prime. He was one of the original Primes. And that's why only a Prime can kill him.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:15 pm

but megatron killed prime so is megatron a prime too?
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 pm

No because a prime can't kill another prime. Because when the fallen killed his fellow primes he lost the title of prime. But only a prime has the strength necessary to defeat the fallen. And if you watched the first movie, and I mean G1, Optimus is killed by Megatron protecting Hot Rod, who is the next prime. In ROTF Optimus is killed by Megatron protecting Witwicky who has all the information of the Allspark in his brain.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm so confused. If Optimus is a descendant... and Megatron is his brother. Why isn't Megatron a prime?
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 am

so if he was an autobot megatron would be mega-prime?
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:25 am

In the Movie universe, at the beggining, there were only 7 Original Primes. These 7 could be killed only by another Prime. As the Fallen was the strongest, he managed to defeat them. The descendants of the 7 Primes can be killed by other transformers, while the original Primes cannot. And yes, Megatron is a Prime, as he is Optimus Prime's brother.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:02 pm

x-autobot wrote:
so if he was an autobot megatron would be mega-prime?

or megatron prime O_O
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
In the Movie universe, at the beggining, there were only 7 Original Primes. These 7 could be killed only by another Prime. As the Fallen was the strongest, he managed to defeat them. The descendants of the 7 Primes can be killed by other transformers, while the original Primes cannot. And yes, Megatron is a Prime, as he is Optimus Prime's brother.
Holy crap that is SO wrong.

In the movie continuity there are 13 original primes. The Fallen betrayed the 12 primes killing 11 of them. The 12th fled and the remaining primes used their remaining lifeforces to seal away the Matrix of Leadership. Thousands of years later on Cybertron when Megatron and Optimus (not Prime, yet) ruled, Megatron lead the military side and Optimus lead the Science division. Optimus dicovered the tombs of the 13 original primes but only one tomb remained unshattered, that is where the Fallen resided. Megatron ordered the relic to be sent to his quarters. After a suprise attack from another race Megatron was badly injured and "fainted" in his quarters in front of the relic. The Fallen resided within the relic and revived Megatron to do his bidding. This is the point where Megatron formed the Decepticons. At the same time, Arcee discovered strange markings on the broken tombs of the 12 other primes that matched with a symbol on Optimus's head. Rachet then recalls a legend of the dynasty of primes and says that Optimus is actually Optimus Prime. Thus the Autobot faction gains a leader. Then the two factions fight until the Autobots send the Allspark into space. Then the first movie happens. The humans and autobots form NEST, starscream finds soundwave (who has also called reinforcements) along with the tomb of the Fallen. Then the second movie goes.
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Quote :
The 12th fled
And (HE) married who?
Back to top Go down
The Good Rebel
Silver Member
Silver Member
The Good Rebel

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Are you guys really geeking out over Revenge of the Fallen? That's like spending $100 dollars on a tooth brush.
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:01 am

Awesome research Daddy! ^^
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 am

wait..how exactly is optimus a descendant of the 12th prime in case you havent noticed....robots have no balls
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:17 am

STEELCLAW 6847 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
Holy crap that is SO wrong.

In the movie continuity there are 13 original primes. The Fallen betrayed the 12 primes killing 11 of them. The 12th fled and the remaining primes used their remaining lifeforces to seal away the Matrix of Leadership. Thousands of years later on Cybertron when Megatron and Optimus (not Prime, yet) ruled, Megatron lead the military side and Optimus lead the Science division. Optimus dicovered the tombs of the 13 original primes but only one tomb remained unshattered, that is where the Fallen resided. Megatron ordered the relic to be sent to his quarters. After a suprise attack from another race Megatron was badly injured and "fainted" in his quarters in front of the relic. The Fallen resided within the relic and revived Megatron to do his bidding. This is the point where Megatron formed the Decepticons. At the same time, Arcee discovered strange markings on the broken tombs of the 12 other primes that matched with a symbol on Optimus's head. Rachet then recalls a legend of the dynasty of primes and says that Optimus is actually Optimus Prime. Thus the Autobot faction gains a leader. Then the two factions fight until the Autobots send the Allspark into space. Then the first movie happens. The humans and autobots form NEST, starscream finds soundwave (who has also called reinforcements) along with the tomb of the Fallen. Then the second movie goes.

You are right about this, but I was refering on who can kill who. Thanks for correcting me though.

Last edited by Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:19 am

x-autobot wrote:
wait..how exactly is optimus a descendant of the 12th prime in case you havent noticed....robots have no balls

Two words: Spark division. A transformer divides his spark, and the new spark that is formed is the one of the descendant.
Back to top Go down
charge mine
Silver Member
Silver Member
charge mine

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm

or possibly just put a lifeless newly constucted body of a prime near the allspark and there you go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review   Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your own Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next