TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is quite interesting.

Go down 
+4
X
batmansheep1
Lunar Retturns 2
Steelclaw
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2008-05-26

This is quite interesting. Empty
PostSubject: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Quote :
Humans definitely do not use ten percent of their brain. I mean, not for actual thought processing, anyhow. But that does not mean that the whole brain is not useful.

It is my understanding from something I read once in National Geographic that humans use one percent of their brains and the rest of the brain is mainly padding.

Let me explain it to you, as well as I can remember.

It's been, like, fourteen or fifteen years since I read this article, so give me a break if I can't quite pin down all the details.

The tiny processing capsule, which, as I said, represents one percent of the brain's mass, is shaped like a small speck of macaroni. I do not remember the macaroni's technical term, but it's like a tiny computer. I think I read that it is even smaller than your pinky finger. Or perhaps it is smaller than the head of a pin. I admit, that is one detail that escapes me. I know for sure, though, that its funnel shape helps knowledge propel extra, extra fast.

Okay, so knowledge forms in the part of brain above your right eyebrow. This area is important, but not as important as the macaroni part. It is called the Thought Generator, or TG for short. This may explain to some of you why you get those pounding headaches right there: Too Much Thinking.

By the way, the Thought Generator runs at its most efficient if you have a diet high in Amino Acids and Omega-3s. I use this little saying to help me remember to take care of it: A TABLESPOON OF FLAX OIL AND MY THOUGHT GENERATOR WILL NOT SPOIL. I don't care if you borrow that for yourself.

Once a thought has developed, it shoots down the macaroni tube and ends up in the other important area of your brain called the Thought Processing Cell, or TPC. This is where it "matures" and becomes readable by the cells in the macaroni.

As you can see, this is a very complex system. This is why we need all the padding around the macaroni, TG, and TPC. To protect them from damage. Because if they get damaged, that's it for us. I'm pretty sure from what I read it's a similar story for animals. Mammals, anyway. I'm not sure about reptiles and amphibians. They are a whole different story, probably.

Well, now that we've cleared up that we humans do not use ten percent of our brains, but a mere one percent, I hope we can all rest easier. Ten percent would wear out anyone. That would be like having a power plant running in your brain all them time. Whew.

Even if this wasn't true, imagine what could happen if we could somehow unlock the rest of the brain.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Then we wouldn't be typing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:16 pm

i dont know about that, but that would allow us to attain perfection. Religious believers know why this cannot happen. Not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
batmansheep1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
batmansheep1

Number of posts : 157

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:59 pm

what do all those scribbles say
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:21 am

Player Won wrote:
i dont know about that, but that would allow us to attain perfection. Religious believers know why this cannot happen. Not yet anyway.

No, there is no way humans can be perfect. I realize that.
But just think about the endless possibilities enhanced sight, strength, or the manipulation of objects around us.
It's a very interesting concept from the show Heroes but it can be backed by scientific evidence.

In the past 10,000 years and even 5,000 years mankind has evolved more than it ever has in it's history according to evolution.
Personally I don't believe evolution so I really don't know what to make of it.

Which kinda brings up another topic. What if everyone was right?
The bible story of the tower of babel says that God sent people all over the world.
But those people obviously had to evolve after generations to create such distinct differences in race.
Your height can depend on how hot or cold a place you live in is. So why couldn't other features change and adapt to the landscape? The bible doesn't say what the people at the tower of babel looked like. They could LOOK like neanderthals, not descended from monkeys but neanderthals still. People started the paintings of religious work in their own image, how they looked not how the actual people may have looked.

Does that statement not only confirm evolution but also creation?
The bible is God's word, i don't doubt that, but there is so much grey area in it on to what people actually looked like back then that it is possible.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 am

batmansheep1 wrote:

that if we used our brains wed be like the aliens from Indiana jones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:02 am

鋼爪 wrote:
Player Won wrote:

No, there is no way humans can be perfect. I realize that.
But just think about the endless possibilities enhanced sight, strength, or the manipulation of objects around us.
It's a very interesting concept from the show Heroes but it can be backed by scientific evidence.

In the past 10,000 years and even 5,000 years mankind has evolved more than it ever has in it's history according to evolution.
Personally I don't believe evolution so I really don't know what to make of it.

Which kinda brings up another topic. What if everyone was right?
The bible story of the tower of babel says that God sent people all over the world.
But those people obviously had to evolve after generations to create such distinct differences in race.
Your height can depend on how hot or cold a place you live in is. So why couldn't other features change and adapt to the landscape? The bible doesn't say what the people at the tower of babel looked like. They could LOOK like neanderthals, not descended from monkeys but neanderthals still. People started the paintings of religious work in their own image, how they looked not how the actual people may have looked.

Does that statement not only confirm evolution but also creation?
The bible is God's word, i don't doubt that, but there is so much grey area in it on to what people actually looked like back then that it is possible.

actually...it confirms adaption if anything. We've adapted to the environments we live in. Thus resulting in different hieghts, skin tones and weight classes. When you really stop and look at history, and then look at us now, we've become more civilized yeah, but intelligence wise, we've gotten worst. Sure, we've made technology and all that good crap, but in the past, they were doing everything we do now, in their heads. We, to this day, cannot figure out how the Egyptian made the pyrmaids. The blocks on it are huge! But somehow they're perfectly stacked on upon the other.

I almost feel as though I contradict myself when I say that we have improved in some aspects, such as technology, weaponry, schooling and whatnot, but today, if we didn't have any of that, we'd die off in a heartbeat. They never had any of what we have, yet they survived for 100's even thousands of years.

When you look at it....it's really something to meditate on.

In the bible, it also states that God made us speak in tounges. It actually never said that god placed us around the earth. He made one man, and one woman. Then as things moved on, and the two reproduced, the human race as a whole started to become far too advanced, thus resulting in tounges. If the entire human race couldn't communicate with each other on their ideas, they could not advance any further, thus slowing them down. God realized that the human race was not ready for this advanced stage yet. In the future, we will reach that advanced stage, thus my reason for believing in perfection.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 pm

鋼爪 wrote:
Quote :
Humans definitely do not use ten percent of their brain. I mean, not for actual thought processing, anyhow.

Well, now that we've cleared up that we humans do not use ten percent of our brains, but a mere one percent, I hope we can all rest easier. Ten percent would wear out anyone. That would be like having a power plant running in your brain all them time. Whew.

Even if this wasn't true, imagine what could happen if we could somehow unlock the rest of the brain.

This is what would happen

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:02 pm

SMFH @ this comic...
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Quote :
In the bible, it also states that God made us speak in tounges. It actually never said that god placed us around the earth.

The following text is a summery of the bible story of the tower of Babel from www.christianity.about.com

Up until this point in the Bible, the whole world had one language - one common speech for all people. The people of the earth became skilled in construction and decided to build a city with a tower that would reach to heaven. By building the tower they wanted to make a name for themselves and also prevent their city from being scattered.
God came to see their city and the tower they were building. He perceived their intentions, and in His infinite wisdom, He knew this "stairway to heaven" would only lead the people away from God. He noted the powerful force within their unity of purpose. As a result, God confused their language, causing them to speak different languages so they would not understand each other. By doing this, God thwarted their plans. He also scattered the people of the city all over the face of the earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:27 pm

i believe you are misunderstanding. This interpretation of the bible is highly incorrect. When distorting the languages, that resulted in the scattering of people.
Back to top Go down
batmansheep1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
batmansheep1

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:14 pm

x-autobot wrote:
batmansheep1 wrote:

that if we used our brains wed be like the aliens from Indiana jones
sweet i've always wanted a big head!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:01 pm

why want what you have?
Back to top Go down
batmansheep1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
batmansheep1

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:11 pm

because it makes me feel accomplished
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Player Won wrote:
i believe you are misunderstanding. This interpretation of the bible is highly incorrect. When distorting the languages, that resulted in the scattering of people.

God's word is God's word. Interpretaion has no say in his will. The bible is written correctly in all languages. God scattered the people of Babel across the world in an instant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 pm

no! The bible does NOT state that he scattered anyone. It says that he distorted the lannguages, thus the people scattered on there own. Maybe you should pick up your own bible in your home, and look for where it says that he scattered anyone.
Back to top Go down
batmansheep1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
batmansheep1

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:48 pm

hey dude with the weird symbols for a name you gave me a great idea for a new tattoo
Back to top Go down
Autosaver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Autosaver

Number of posts : 4005

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Summary please
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:00 am

batmansheep1 wrote:
hey dude with the weird symbols for a name you gave me a great idea for a new tattoo
the symbols mean "steel claw"
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 am

Player Won wrote:
no! The bible does NOT state that he scattered anyone. It says that he distorted the lannguages, thus the people scattered on there own. Maybe you should pick up your own bible in your home, and look for where it says that he scattered anyone.

Genesis: 11: 7-9
Quote :

"Come, let us go down, and confuse their language there, so that they will not understand on another's speech." So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city. Therefore it was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 am

dude....what bible are you reading!?
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:41 am

New Revised Standard Version

Here is the NIV (New International Version) of Genesis 8-11

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 am

you have to specify the chapter next time lol, i was confused. I thought you meant 8:11. It's 11:8-11

I see where you misinterpret the scriptures.

[quote][8</B>
Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba′bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.[/quote]</SUP>

it goes on to say that he did "scatter" them, but in actuality, it means that he messed around with the languages. God does not conflict with peoples actions or movements. This means that he wouldn't have moved us from one place to another. Rather. because the languages were confused, the people then decided to move on to those of whom only spoke their languages. Which is logical. We were created with free-will. Thus eliminating the belief in destiny as well. </SUP>[/size][/size]
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 am

You need to remember that this is the Old Testament.
God told Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.
Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God.
The entire Earth was flooded by Him.
He told Abraham to sacrifice Issac.

All those conflict with peoples actions and movements.
God was different in the Old Testament then he was as Jesus in the New Testament.

He changed their languages THEN scattered them across the Earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:25 am

鋼爪 wrote:
You need to remember that this is the Old Testament.
God told Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.
Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God.
The entire Earth was flooded by Him.
He told Abraham to sacrifice Issac.

All those conflict with peoples actions and movements.
God was different in the Old Testament then he was as Jesus in the New Testament.

He changed their languages THEN scattered them across the Earth.

however, he never moved them any place. He allowed Moses to lead them, and when the Israelites acted up. he proved to them, through Moses, that he was God. He gave all of them free will. He made demands, but never forced anything.

For good reason. God could see that things were getting out of hands. It did not conflict with anyones actions. He told Lot to get out, and to not look back. Lot could have decided not to leave, but he would've died as well. Free will...

The entire Earth was going crazy. Once again, God gave people the chance to repent, and turn away from these actions. They all had the chance to survive. Free Will. They chose not to, and died. He never moved them anywhere. He gave them the chance. A warning, if you will.

Abraham didn't have to, nor did Isaac have to agree. This just shows their immense faith in God. Thus making them an incredible example for us. And once, things were through, he didn't have to sacrifice him anyway.

That's incredibly blasphemous, and you need to adjust your thinking. I don't mean to scold you in any way, but if you ask ANY religious leader, you'll see that God has never changed, and he never will. Idc how different our religous views are, as I can tell we are extremely different from THIS. He never changes nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is quite interesting.   This is quite interesting. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is quite interesting.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next