TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis Empty
PostSubject: Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis   Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 am

Kiko Magalona wrote:

Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis Franci10Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis Franci11

Good evening people. I am getting prepared for my 4th Chemotherapy cycle, and I will be admitted tonight at The Medical City. I will be doing some tests tomorrow, wish me luck. Friday I begin my 4th cycle which is a Hi-Dose kind, as will be taking 6 grams of Cytarabin™️ a day every other day for 3 days.

I will be at the 14th floor of the TMC, as usual. I brought alot reading materials (bible included!) and dvds to keep me company while I do my treatment. I will be doing my radiation treatment by February and my PBSCT (Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant) will be done by March.

I look forward to the pain as I know my journey is on full speed ahead. I will not be bold to say that without asking a favor from you all. PLEASE PRAY for me as I undergo treatment. Your prayers, as always, have sustained me. And am sure the Lord will listen to all our prayers. To His will I submit myself.

God bless you, my friend. Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis Smile

PS: I will be needing blood donors for blood and platelets. Please go to the lower ground floor of The Medical City and donate blood in my name. For platelets Apheresis you may go have yourself screened at the Phil. Nat'l Red Cross at the Pier in Manila. I am type O positive. Thank you again.

The man in the quote,

Francis Michael Magalona y Durango,

passed away at around 12:30 in the afternoon (GMT+8:00) due to Acute Myelocytic Leukemia.

He was 44.

Francis Magalona is better known in the Philippines as "Kiko", "FrancisM", "Master Rapper", "The King of Pinoy Rap", and "The Man from Manila." He was a cultural icon and was responsible for promoting a deep sense of Rap Culture in the Philippines around 20 years ago. He is a true artist who transcended generations with his music, which in a sense, makes him immortal among the Filipino youth. There is no true Filipino who doesn't know who Francis M is.

I listened to Francis M's music ever since when I was in third grade, and still do so even today. His clean lifestyle, his high morals and his caring and giving attitude, even his patriotism, shows in his music. He is everyone's friend, and he commands true respect by his mere presence in a room.

I've had the privilege to see him perform live in an Oktoberfest Street Party around three years back, and it was electrifying. Astoundingly though, he never let the fame get into his head.

He inspired a lot of artists from the Philippines, and brought to life a new genre of camaraderie and music. He won numerous awards locally and recognized internationally.

ABS-CBN News Portal wrote:
Magalona released many albums including Rap Is FrancisM (1992), Meron akong ano! (I Got Something!)(1993), and FreeMan (1995) spanning more hits like "Ito ang Gusto Ko," “Girl Be Mine” and “Kaleidoscope World.” His greatest hits album, The Best of FrancisM,was released in 2002.

He also dabbled into hosting television shows and events. His hosting credits include being a VJ for MTV Asia, a judge in ABC-5’s “Philippine Idol” and host of noontime show “Eat Bulaga!”
Magalona even directed music videos for bands and artists under his production company Filipino Pictures Inc. He also had his own record company called Red Egg Records, and a clothing line named FMCC (FrancisM Clothing Co.) which carries the “3 Stars & a Sun” line of stores.
In addition, he got into painting and photography and was even a member of the Camera Club of the Philippines.
He also started a foundation with Eraserheads frontman Ely Buendia (now with the band Pupil) called Heartist Foundation, which aims to help Filipino artists with health and commercial concerns.
Recently, he was involved in the making of "The Sickos Project,” a collaboration album with Buendia and other artists.
Magalona’s contribution to Philippine rap music was cited in the international publication All Music Guide to Hip-Hop: The Definitive Guide to Rap and Hip-Hop (2003).
He was also given the Pioneer Hall of Fame Award at the 1st Annual Philippine Hip-Hop Music Awards in 2005.

His life was a complete success.

I have to shamelessly admit, I was crying half the day today when I got a call from one of my friends that Kiko passed away.

It's hard not to, when someone you look up to is taken away by fate.

Kiko, you may have left us physically, but your legacy and your music will live forever.

In our hearts, you are immortal.

"Sa buhay kong ito, ito ang gusto ko. (Here in my life, this is what I want)"

Immortality through Virtue.

Good bye, Francis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pih1cz3g2uI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXPUVt_fAgE
Back to top Go down
Izanami
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Izanami

Number of posts : 3201
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis   Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:57 am

Rest in peace.........
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis   Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

A legend lives on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis   Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homage to the one who inspired me to be who I am -- Goodbye, Francis
Page 1 of 1