TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-19

[IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 pm

LoL
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 pm

AHHHHHHHHHH.........GUYS PLZ STOP THAT SPAMMING!
ITS DRIVING ME INSANE! -_-
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:12 pm

FOXY LADY wrote:

I think my past by lamer has ended by time Rolling Eyes

back to topic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:31 pm

FOXY LADY wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:35 pm

IM SORRY MY DEAR.............
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 pm

It's actually 750+ casualties from the ship, and hundreds more from flash floods and landslides inland.

The dead are washing up on nearby beaches, not really a pretty sight.

They say here that the Coast Guard is partly liable, aside from the shipping line, for braving a Level 3 Storm that has a wind velocity of almost 200 mph.

The Coast Guard approved of the travel, the night before the storm struck.

I think they got too confident that the ship can skirt the edges of the storm. Bad idea.

The seas around Romblon and Mindoro islands are shark territory.

I used to wake up early to meet the sunrise when I ride the ferry to watch fish (mostly flying fish) or sea turtles (and the occasional 9 foot long shark) to appear in the water around there. Sharks are fairly uncommon here, but they are concentrated in some areas such as that.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:21 pm

"Princess of the Stars" is owned by Sulpicio Lines that capsized off the coast of San Fernando, Romblon at the height of Typhoon Fengshen on June 21, 2008.

The MV Princess of the Stars, flagship of the Sulpicio Lines fleet, left the port of Manila on June 21, 2008 on its way to Cebu City. The number of passengers is variously reported between 700 and 800.

The ferry sent a distress signal late on June 21 when its engines stalled in rough seas near Sibuyan Island. San Fernando mayor Nanette Tansingco sent a speedboat and confirmed that the ferry had a hole in the hull, was partially submerged and that several bodies had been found nearby.

As of June 23, four bodies were recovered by the Philippine Coast Guard and the Philippine Navy. According to the Coast Guard, the ferry's manifest recorded 702 passengers including 50 children as well as 100 crew. The civil defense office said the ship carried 626 passengers and 121 crew members. Three Navy vessels were dispatched but one had to abort its mission due to "gigantic waves, pounding rain, and gusty winds," said Lieutenant Colonel Edgard Arevalo, spokesman of the Philippine Navy.

A rescue ship reached the MV Princess of the Stars, more than 24 hours after it lost radio contact at 12:30 PST (04:30 GMT) on Saturday. Philippine Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Senior Grade Arman Balilo, however, lamented: "They haven't seen anyone. They're scouring the area. They're studying the direction of the waves to determine where survivors may have drifted."

Xinhua News Agency reported that 4 survivors witnessed "that the captain of the ship ordered the abandoning of the ship at noon Saturday, but many passengers did not even wear life vests when the ship capsized." Four survivors told GMA News that "the ship did not malfunction, but only slowed down its speed as it encountered big waves off the coast of Romblon." One saw many people jump, but "the waves were so big and the rains so strong that few of them could have possibly survived; the crew were so busy saving themselves that they did not care to help the passengers to wear safety vests, and that some of the passengers passed out while children and the elderly failed to wear life vests because they could no longer move when the ship was turning upside down."

Tansingco confirmed that 4 aboard died and hundreds of passengers were still missing. Dozens of people trooped to the offices of owner Sulpicio Lines in Cebu and Manila North Harbor. The victims' families accused Sulpicio Lines and the Philippine Coast Guard of allowing the ship to set sail despite the bad weather. They further blamed Sulpicio for not personally informing them about the tragedy, the details of the accident, and the condition of the ship plus its passengers. Sulpicio Lines's counsel stated that "the ship never received advice from Coast Guard, while Metro Manila was still under public storm signal No. 1 when the ship left the port." Furthermore, BBC quoted President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as saying, "Why did you allow it to sail and why was there no ample warning? I want answers."

Sulpicio admitted that 860 were on board as the ferry capsized: "There were 751 manifested passengers and 111 crew members on board the capsized vessel." The Maritime Industry Authority (Marina) suspended all sea travel operations of the Sulpicio. Sulpicio lines released the names of 32 survivors with the complete passenger manifest and crew list uploaded on their website, www.sulpiciolines.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From various sources:Local dailys, Yahoo News.com, Reuters, ABS-CBN news, Philippine Coast Guard bulletin
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:15 am

The Darkfather wrote:
It's actually 750+ casualties from the ship, and hundreds more from flash floods and landslides inland.

The dead are washing up on nearby beaches, not really a pretty sight.

They say here that the Coast Guard is partly liable, aside from the shipping line, for braving a Level 3 Storm that has a wind velocity of almost 200 mph.

The Coast Guard approved of the travel, the night before the storm struck.

I think they got too confident that the ship can skirt the edges of the storm. Bad idea.

The seas around Romblon and Mindoro islands are shark territory.

I used to wake up early to meet the sunrise when I ride the ferry to watch fish (mostly flying fish) or sea turtles (and the occasional 9 foot long shark) to appear in the water around there. Sharks are fairly uncommon here, but they are concentrated in some areas such as that.

If somebody can get save from the ship sharks attack him?? I know sharks attacks only when they sense smell of blood,if those people aren't injured they can stay in water for a while.JUST IF THE HELPS ARRIVING FASTER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:18 am

The Darkfather wrote:
"Princess of the Stars" is owned by Sulpicio Lines that capsized off the coast of San Fernando, Romblon at the height of Typhoon Fengshen on June 21, 2008.

The MV Princess of the Stars, flagship of the Sulpicio Lines fleet, left the port of Manila on June 21, 2008 on its way to Cebu City. The number of passengers is variously reported between 700 and 800.

The ferry sent a distress signal late on June 21 when its engines stalled in rough seas near Sibuyan Island. San Fernando mayor Nanette Tansingco sent a speedboat and confirmed that the ferry had a hole in the hull, was partially submerged and that several bodies had been found nearby.

As of June 23, four bodies were recovered by the Philippine Coast Guard and the Philippine Navy. According to the Coast Guard, the ferry's manifest recorded 702 passengers including 50 children as well as 100 crew. The civil defense office said the ship carried 626 passengers and 121 crew members. Three Navy vessels were dispatched but one had to abort its mission due to "gigantic waves, pounding rain, and gusty winds," said Lieutenant Colonel Edgard Arevalo, spokesman of the Philippine Navy.

A rescue ship reached the MV Princess of the Stars, more than 24 hours after it lost radio contact at 12:30 PST (04:30 GMT) on Saturday. Philippine Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Senior Grade Arman Balilo, however, lamented: "They haven't seen anyone. They're scouring the area. They're studying the direction of the waves to determine where survivors may have drifted."

Xinhua News Agency reported that 4 survivors witnessed "that the captain of the ship ordered the abandoning of the ship at noon Saturday, but many passengers did not even wear life vests when the ship capsized." Four survivors told GMA News that "the ship did not malfunction, but only slowed down its speed as it encountered big waves off the coast of Romblon." One saw many people jump, but "the waves were so big and the rains so strong that few of them could have possibly survived; the crew were so busy saving themselves that they did not care to help the passengers to wear safety vests, and that some of the passengers passed out while children and the elderly failed to wear life vests because they could no longer move when the ship was turning upside down."

Tansingco confirmed that 4 aboard died and hundreds of passengers were still missing. Dozens of people trooped to the offices of owner Sulpicio Lines in Cebu and Manila North Harbor. The victims' families accused Sulpicio Lines and the Philippine Coast Guard of allowing the ship to set sail despite the bad weather. They further blamed Sulpicio for not personally informing them about the tragedy, the details of the accident, and the condition of the ship plus its passengers. Sulpicio Lines's counsel stated that "the ship never received advice from Coast Guard, while Metro Manila was still under public storm signal No. 1 when the ship left the port." Furthermore, BBC quoted President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as saying, "Why did you allow it to sail and why was there no ample warning? I want answers."

Sulpicio admitted that 860 were on board as the ferry capsized: "There were 751 manifested passengers and 111 crew members on board the capsized vessel." The Maritime Industry Authority (Marina) suspended all sea travel operations of the Sulpicio. Sulpicio lines released the names of 32 survivors with the complete passenger manifest and crew list uploaded on their website, www.sulpiciolines.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From various sources:Local dailys, Yahoo News.com, Reuters, ABS-CBN news, Philippine Coast Guard bulletin

OMG They arrived too late just 32 passegers rescued.Women and children are dead because of nonsense actions like the departure of the ship from the harbour in those wheater conditions!!!!
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Mike,others report?
Back to top Go down
Tean
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tean

Number of posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:10 pm

i dun like how the navys gave up. they should be tough people and save them
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
i dun like how the navys gave up. they should be tough people and save them

I think the same!!!
Back to top Go down
Tean
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tean

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:53 pm

my heart went out to those unfortunate passenger
if i was the navy not be a pussy and be scared of the storm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 pm

uh darkfather was never ON that ship, so why say were glad hes ok??? reallu...
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
my heart went out to those unfortunate passenger
if i was the navy not be a pussy and be scared of the storm

ETERNAM REQUIESCANT IN DE PROFUNDIS AMEN

"Eternal rest in the deep Amen"

I just wanna know more about Mike.As I said,Philippines government haven't did enough for the rescue mission and I was true....
Back to top Go down
Tean
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tean

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:40 pm

he was on that same ship but just weeks before the incident.
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Jetsniper wrote:
uh darkfather was never ON that ship, so why say were glad hes ok??? reallu...

Fortunately yes and I am very glad nothing is happened,but what about his citizens??? They are the same nationality as Mike.Innocent souls like us,you should not forget that
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
he was on that same ship but just weeks before the incident.

Exactlly.i call this "FATE"!
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 am

They're all dead, that's no miracle. The ship is a tomb now.

Man cannot survive without water for more than seven days. Drink sea water, and you get dehydrated faster. No chance.

The government and the US forces who are here are thinking of dragging the ship to more shallow waters,

but to make matters worse, divers discovered tons of undeclared endosulfan-------- a potent pesticide, which was only declared by Del Monte Foods (yes, those pineapple distributors) days after the ship sank.

Endosulfan is still in use in most countries, but is banned in the European Union and in the US due to its side effects to human beings.

This poisonous discovery makes matters worse.

Last edited by The Darkfather on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Factual errata)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 am

Oh great this is just great...
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 am

News as of June 27

Recovery of more bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczYSYWbtjw

Endosulfan Threat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDByyBCTB98

Endosulfan is an agent that attacks primarily the nervous system, 2.4 grams of the substance is enough to kill a 70kg person. The heart and the kidneys may fail as a secondary effect.

Point of entry: Ingestion, Inhalation, Skin contact

Early symptoms of exposure:
Difficulty of breathing
Dizziness / Nausea
Headache
Convulsions

Where banned:
Belize, Singapore, Tonga, Syria, Germany, Sweden, UK, Brazilian State of Romdonia, Colombia, USA

Where Restricted:
Bangladesh, Cambodia, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Philippines, Lithuania, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Denmark,Yugoslavia, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Russia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Canada

Underwater Footage of the Capsized Ship, Communication Issues in Romblon Island, Mass for the Victims of the Sinking on-site
Part1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_uQLfQMVTA&feature=related

Part2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0NFBClWWlA&feature=related

This 2-part video is mostly in Tagalog, but the video speaks for itself... dead bodies, trapped, abound.
Back to top Go down
Defender the Ancient
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Defender the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 am

I hope they have sterylizated the dead bodies or others infections can start...
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:45 am

Yes they did, and they were actually quick to embalm them (see 1st video).

The bodies that washed up on other beaches were buried immediately, after local officials took pictures for ID when relatives come searching.

It's a very grisly task, indeed.

They can't continue looking for the dead until they take out the ten tons of poison that's inside the cargo bay.

Officials are actually contemplating on:
1. Boring a hole thru the hull if the ship is stable on the sea floor (which is questionable, since the ship is hanging on a giant coral bed, with its center on the tip of the ridge);
2. Refloat the ship (which may theoretically happen, since there are hundreds of airpockets in the trapped rooms).
Back to top Go down
Tean
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tean

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 pm

does this mean the ship contained some threatening substances which is now spilled all over te ocean?
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Well, not yet spilled, but because of the pressure 120 ft underwater, yes, there's a big possibility it might leak if left unchecked. It can potentially kill marine life for miles around the site, and that would be an ecological catastrophe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!   [IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[IMPORTANT] Typhoon on philippines!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2