TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TFX RPG officially opens today.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-26

TFX RPG officially opens today. Empty
PostSubject: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Heads up.

Let's see how this works out.

------------------------------------------------
Rules for Admin and Mod Info:

1. Only members of armies and Auto and Decept Usergroups can see and play the RPG.

Please notify the Admins or moderators if you wish to partake in the RP, or notify the moderator of the Autobot/Decepticon usergroup. You can only be in one.

2. All members can see the combat rpg and coliseum, but only armies and Auto and Decept Usergroups can play in the RPG.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Awesome!

We couldn't have done this without you.

Much respect, Darkfather.
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Pyro

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:56 pm

I don't get it.. Is it like Role play or what? I'm sorry i wasn't here for it
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:58 pm

§atðruXLithia wrote:

Read this

https://tfxtreme.forummotion.com/global-forum-f1/a-primer-in-forum-based-rpgs-for-all-to-read-t2044.htm

-------------------------------------------------
Thanks Lunar. BTW, if you have a good starting story you can post it as a starter in the Nemesis. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:01 pm

SO a story... ... I"m used to fighting l ike this.. ..my body starts to ripple from the sound waves in teh area being affected by the air making them intensify..
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:03 pm

thats just a very slight rough example v.v
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 pm

That's cool. You're on the right track. Just think you're part of a free-form writing team where you're the hero of your own story and you adapt to the situations that arise (from the posts of the other players).

I'm posting a Decepticon scenario now.
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:11 pm

It's like para fighting? right.. I flood... I rp fight on Xat.com
My site is Xat.com/theYamaguchifamily Flooding is like Trying to kill them before they can fight back.. Speed is more of the key for me... .i sigh softly.. Para fighting Is where you plan out what you are going to do. It's very effective against flooders since you aren't aloud to type more than one thing after your opponent does its like you enemy you enemy.. It's complicated... There are many People who can Rp fight like me.. and some that are better... Eh.. i just typed a fucken paragraph ._.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:18 am

Yes, like Para fighting. However, we have a space FOR THE FIGHTING, which is in the FoM and in the Coliseum.

The same rules apply there, and as a bonus, there is a dice system incorporated in it. Meaning there is a success/fail variable that is not in GM control, for a sense of randomness.

Example: I draw my gun and pump a cyanide-coated .357 slug in your face.

That's easy to type and spam, but then, nothing else validates that except this particular post in red. That's easy to refute, so to say.

So, what we do is Press TFX RPG officially opens today. Pr10,

type that stuff in red (plus whatever form of narrative or mockery is in there) and add this:

TFX RPG officially opens today. Add10

Then press send.

The first value is your attack. You add a particular bonus to that, depending on the weapon you use.

If you use something you can swing around, you add your level + your strength and size score.

If you use a projectile, you add your level + your agility and size score.

My bonus to such an attack (look at my profile) is +14. That's above average, since I have a high agility score and I'm small.

The second value is the damage your weapon can deal if ever it hits.

There's always a bonus to that (your strength score for melee and your agility for ranged) except when you're wielding lasers and other energy weapons.

My bonus to the handgun is +9. Again, above average because of high agility score. So whatever comes out of that second bar in the result, I add +9 to what I deal you.

How does it hit?
Compare the total attack (in my case the result +14) with your total armor class. That's a number influenced by a lot of things: Agility, Fortitude, defense items and certain drones.

If the attack result is equal to or higher than your AC, I deal damage and you get pawned.

Then it's your turn, if you're still alive.
In theory,

Big characters = more HP (longer life), bigger energy, more strength, tougher, bigger close-quarter damage, weak range
Small characters = more burst attacks (though weaker), more agility, higher dodge rate, better chance to do critical hits, weak melee, lower energy

----------------------------------------------------------
In the Ark and Nemesis, it's more of narrative.

For armies who love roleplaying, they can actually vent the roleplaying there instead of elsewhere in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Pyro

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:09 am

Ohh... I get it..
So it's basicly a fighting game on a forum. ..i nod slightly.. Sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:43 pm

The Darkfather wrote:
§atðruXLithia wrote:

Read this

https://tfxtreme.forummotion.com/global-forum-f1/a-primer-in-forum-based-rpgs-for-all-to-read-t2044.htm

Thanks Lunar. BTW, if you have a good starting story you can post it as a starter in the Nemesis. Thanks

Alright, Darkfather.
Back to top Go down
PW Magnimus Prime
Gold Member
Gold Member
PW Magnimus Prime

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:46 pm

So far, so good. I like it, though I might spend most of tomorrow on the new game.

Will someone post the link for that once it is up and running?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFX RPG officially opens today.   TFX RPG officially opens today. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TFX RPG officially opens today.
Page 1 of 1