TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

InFamous

Go down 
+3
The Darkfather
X
Lunar Retturns 2
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 am

no evils way easier the powers are stronger and u get the reapers on your side
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm

x-autobot wrote:
no evils way easier the powers are stronger and u get the reapers on your side

Different skills, different playstyles.
Back to top Go down
X
Gold Member
Gold Member
X

Number of posts : 1814
Registration date : 2009-01-19

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:31 am

yeah that and evil people dont need to aim around civilians
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm

The Darkfather wrote:
I just finished the game last Monday night (errr... Tuesday early morning)

I followed the 'hero' path entirely and eventually got to call forth lightning and guide it around the map like God's unforgiving particle beam.

THIS GAME IS EPIC. Kessler/Cole rocks.

Kudos to the team that created this (and the story writers too --- damn they're the best).

ok this really is starting to sound a little like the force unleashed in a way
Back to top Go down
batmansheep1
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
batmansheep1

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-05-26

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:40 pm

OMFG I AM SO TIRED OF THOSE COMMERCIALS! but now that i got a ps3 im gonna get it
Back to top Go down

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:31 pm

its a good buy bats. It's an incredible game.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:56 pm

STAR ADDER wrote:
The Darkfather wrote:

I followed the 'hero' path entirely and eventually got to call forth lightning and guide it around the map like God's unforgiving particle beam.

Kudos to the team that created this (and the story writers too --- damn they're the best).

Many people would assume so from the look of it.

Hell, even I said the same thing.

But it's not about the gameplay or where the inspirations comes from...it's the story and the setting. The main focus of team that created this game was to creat an experience unlike any other.

The force unleashed had a strong story but not strong enough. It was mostly just zapping people and smacking them around the place until you were done playing puppet master. But inFamous had a powerful story and twist that surprised me.

If their main focus was the story and how your actions affect those around you...they succeeded. Sure the force unleashed is for those who love to feel unstoppable, but inFamous makes you feel like the villain or hero. Cole is a strong character and so was Starkiller/Galen. However, Cole delivers more than the latter ever could.

They may have ablilities that are almost similar but only one has a secret and mystery behind it.

Still sounds like the force unleashed? Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Star Adder
Gold Member
Gold Member
Star Adder

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2008-06-01

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Pain wrote:
STAR ADDER wrote:
The Darkfather wrote:

Many people would assume so from the look of it.

Hell, even I said the same thing.

But it's not about the gameplay or where the inspirations comes from...it's the story and the setting. The main focus of team that created this game was to creat an experience unlike any other.

The force unleashed had a strong story but not strong enough. It was mostly just zapping people and smacking them around the place until you were done playing puppet master. But inFamous had a powerful story and twist that surprised me.

If their main focus was the story and how your actions affect those around you...they succeeded. Sure the force unleashed is for those who love to feel unstoppable, but inFamous makes you feel like the villain or hero. Cole is a strong character and so was Starkiller/Galen. However, Cole delivers more than the latter ever could.

They may have ablilities that are almost similar but only one has a secret and mystery behind it.

Still sounds like the force unleashed? Maybe.
a little, but hey, depending on what you like, infamous looks like a killer game, the force unleashed was a great game, even if it felt like being unstoppable, it had a wicked great storyline, that ties in with the movies, how the rebel alliance was formed, how galen turns practically into a legend. but from what i see, infamous looks like a game that succeeds to the highest extent
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm

If there were ever a reason for me to get a PS3 it would be inFamous. Along with the Metal Gear Series.
Back to top Go down

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:40 am

well your 360 is gonna get metal gear...but only with Raiden.
Back to top Go down
Steelclaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Steelclaw

Number of posts : 1951

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:03 am

Player Won wrote:
well your 360 is gonna get metal gear...but only with Raiden.
Exactly, I don't think it will rely on the stealth part as much and it may even be a hack n' slash.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:04 pm

STAR ADDER wrote:
The Darkfather wrote:

Well, I liked it for the story that's one.

Here's a spoiler (sorry guys.... LOL)

There's a part where you get to choose who to save, on the good campaign:

Kessler, the villain that you're looking for throughout the entire game, puts you in one of the most (in my opinion) gutwrenching moral dilemmas ever written for a videogame.

He takes two sets of people hostage, and you can save only one:

Your girlfriend (that you worked so hard, hauling your virtual ass over and over again around Empire City to save her in the previous level), or a bunch of doctors.

If you save your girlfriend, you partly turn evil because of your selfishness.

If you save the doctors, well and good, you may be a champion of all that is good.

I heard from my pals that the some writers from "The Dark Knight" helped in the story writing. I was wondering where I saw all those 'social experiments' before...

So...
Spoiler:

And X, yea I got the groupies already... LOL I have a friggin evil cult now. I think I'm getting power drunk or something in that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

InFamous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous   InFamous - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InFamous
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2