TFXtreme
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFXtreme

Transformers Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new sig I made for me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-27

A new sig I made for me Empty
PostSubject: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:11 am

A new sig I made for me 669723d0db2d8fm3wn4

It's the Transformer I drawed for myself. I hope you like it, lol.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:28 am

That's nice, OP.

I see you got Photoshop or something.

Try airbrushing on a new layer (Ctrl+Shift+N if you're on Windows or something) and select the blend of the layer to <multiply>, to disperse the colors evenly without eliminating much of your line work.

You can experiment with the dodge tool to make highlights (the gloss or shine, or generally to lighten hue) or the burn tool to add depth (by darkening hues and applying shadows without ultimately ruining the color).

Nice use of the <Plastic Wrap Filter> though (If I'm right).
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:37 am

Whoa dark you know so much about it! And yeah I got Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and I got Windows XP. I made the drawing and colouring on paint then just putted Plastic Wrap on it to look real.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:54 am

This Swindle sig in the spoiler is a product of the technique that I mentioned in the previous post.

This was originally red and had a word balloon over its head. You can probably use this for reference in coloring.

(I took out the word balloon and redrew one of the doors on his shoulder)

Spoiler:

The problem with Plastic Wrap is, the image would look... like it was in Reynold's Wrap (personal experience) -___-

I found out it's good for making Web buttons and banners though, and when you're adding it to solid, regular shapes like a clean cut circle or a triangle, for that 'laminated' look.

Lettering (blocky lettering) might look okay with the wrap too.

--------------------------------
I think you're opting to play on perspective, from the way you added the emboss (for the depth) and the wrap (for the metal gloss)

Dodge and Burn would do just fine, and it's easier (it works on a colored fill, so don't forget to color first before playing on hues). The Wrap may give you a hard time when you want to portray jagged edges.

Another thing, you can use blur on the background to emphasize on your subject (I prefer a light Gaussian or Lens Blur)

This works like a focus on a camera. Perfect for crowd images.

You can try it later if you want. I know you can do it Smile

If you're still stumped, check IceFlowStudios in Youtube or go to Tutcast.com, I learn new stuff there everytime.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:12 am

Thanx alot for the help. Your swindle sig rocks!!! Did you make that explosion there? Anyway it's super cool. Do you know any way to make the transformers look real?
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 am

A new sig I made for me 78026124e21323m3wh9

This is what I made using the instructions...it's much better!!! Thanx dark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:42 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
Thanx alot for the help. Your swindle sig rocks!!! Did you make that explosion there? Anyway it's super cool. Do you know any way to make the transformers look real?

if you mean film quality then you cant make that from just a pic, there is 3d software which you can use, but on the 07 tf movie they used actual 3d transformers made of metal, then gave some extra editing on 130 k film camera ($130,000). they actually used a sony with a carliess lens, so was very expensive, (lol).

back to main topic, ill pm you on some software you could download and gve you download link (ts illegal by the way).

inless you want to buy it, which will be around $600 for a decent version.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:59 am

I DONT DOWNLOAD ANY ILLEGAL THINGS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:37 pm

little good boy, awww mommy not let you
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:43 pm

roflmao
Back to top Go down
Lunar Retturns 2
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lunar Retturns 2

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:48 pm

LMAO, OH GOD, MEN!.......
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:33 am

No problemo, OP.

Well if you are patient enough to learn, you can airbrush on photoshop like this guy:

A new sig I made for me Transf10

Optimus Prime, by wanbao (Deviantart)

Prime is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big though... he's as big as Superion or Devastator Shocked
I think he's on steroids.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:27 am

Whoa Devastator and Superion are too small...it's like...FORTRESS MAXIMUS. He did all that by airbrushing? WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Optimus Prime
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Optimus Prime

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 am

He did all that with what you said earlier or there are more things? If there are please tell me... oh and I'll make you a Transformer too Very Happy thanks for help.
Back to top Go down
The Darkfather
Inactive User
The Darkfather

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 am

He's a speed painter... meaning he does that in the fastest time possible, most likely on a tablet (so he can draw straight on to the PC screen ot something).

He applies a lot of techniques I still have to learn -__-

He specializes on mecha and fantasy themes I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new sig I made for me   A new sig I made for me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new sig I made for me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TFXtreme :: Graphics-
Jump to: